Awe man... :[

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
Sigh... coworkers in the office are getting Five Guys burgers and fries, I was tempted until I plugged in one cheeseburger just to see the caloric intake. My god 763 calories for one normal sized burger with SOME fixings lol as much as I want one I instantly told them I had to pass on it. Small office I work in so it's going to be torture having to smell that deliciousness, but I'd rather pass and see a good intake on my log than a bad one. Cheat day isn't today so definitely can't let this one slip :P

Replies

• jess_erin
    jess_erin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good job! You'll enjoy it even more when you wait for your cheat day.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I've had to do that before. o: It's really hard to resist sometimes because there's social pressure, even if it isn't outwardly spoken. Most of the time, though, I don't regret not getting the food.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yea both of you guys are right, I will enjoy it more by waiting and I know exactly what you mean by pressure. It's tough but it's for the better, tell myself on a constant basis and whenever I look at bad food all I think is "yea if i eat that then the public can see how badly I ate in my diary..." lol
  • jmmason89
    jmmason89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This literally happens to me every single day. I work at a small bank and we are always recieving goodies, which up until this week when I started MFP I was all for. Today we got a plate of freshly baked cookies. Talk about hard to resist! My teller ate an extra for me :)
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Office can be the worst for this kind of life style. If we're using an app like this, you can bet we're considered fanatics! Ha, ha, and I love being one because of the way I feel eating clean!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A Five Guys burger isn't that bad if you're eating and living healthy most of the time. Unless you can't afford the huge calorie expense. As long as you're just getting a burger with lettuce, tomato, onions, or some kind of fixin' that is somewhat nutrient dense, with cheese. Skip the fries and soda. Chomp on those shelled peanuts though! (oh whoops, high calories in peanuts too, healthy fats).