30 DS Calories Burn

Options
syedsaad
syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
I just started 30 DS how should i log it in as exercise?

Replies

• djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was told to put it under circuit training, and that's what i've been doing!
  • syedsaad
    Options

circuit training or circuit training curve .... as i m 226lbs and 6' MFP is calculating it to be around 400 to me that sounds alot
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

circuit training or circuit training curve .... as i m 226lbs and 6' MFP is calculating it to be around 400 to me that sounds alot

MFP (and many machines) overstate a lot of exercise .... many people use a percentage .... say 70%

Calorie burn uses so many factors ..... height, weight, age, gender, exertion level (and more). No way MFP can know your exertion level.... what's easy for you may be hard for someone else.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Circuit training overcalculated for me. I got an HRM, and I was burning about 100 less than I thought :(. I'm 5'3'', 43, and 164lbs, and I burn between 190-220 for one level of 30DS...
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    This is from a response from another thread from mrsskinnytobe:

"myfitnesspal gives me a lot more than JM website does so I use her formula to be sure.

Multiply 3.267 x your weight and that is how many calories burned in an hour. I then divide by 3 since the warm up and cool down are considered exercise but not intense. I get only 185 calories burned but if I use circuit on here its over 200!

3.267 x weight of 174 = 586.458/3=189.486"

When I did my first round of 30 day shred I weighed 175 and I researched and chose to log 180 calories (5 foot 6.5 inches tall)
    On my second round, level one with a heartrate monitor I burned 140 calories but I only weigh 135 now.

HTH!
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Circuit training or if you have a Heart Rate Monitor, I use that to input my calories burned.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If I use that formula for my current weight I get 148, so seems pretty solid.
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My heart rate monitor clocks me at roughly between 210-220 calories burn whenever I do the 30DS. I am 5' 1" and 145 pounds.
  • syedsaad
    Options
    i was putting it as only 16 mins of circuit training as the real exercise is only around 22-24 mins and i curved it as i had a knee injury so some of the exercises i dont do them as they are supposed to be done as i cant bend much. and thats coming out to be around 210 cals and i m 6' and 225lbs