But I still want to go out drinking!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    get a four lokos, from the gas station, before you go out, they have like 400 calories in them but i'm not even kidding, if you have one you will already be really buzzed, then you can have your few beers when you go out, you will most likely only need like 2 more beers or so....the blue four lokos is my fav...but the watermelon is good too!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    OH man, don't eat light then drink heavy.

I did this yesterday and I'm paying today. Lemme tell ya...
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Personally, my husband is a brewer so I have developed a taste for a good pale ale or IPA and in the winter a stout. With the better beers you don't drink much, it the quality, not the quanity
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    which is something I REALLY enjoy & that improves my quality of life and that I would never choose to NOT do just to lose an extra pound that month; so get off your high horses

totally love this for all the stuffy answers previous! :)

also, need to say ditto on eating high protein and veggies, instead of concentrating on fruits and low calories when you plan to go out drinking.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about craving a fun night of drinking every once and a while. As far as food during the day, I would go for low calorie foods that pack a punch. Soy burgers are good with a slice of fat-free or 2% cheese, low-fat wheat bun, spicy mustard and some good dill pickle slices make for a satisfying "drinking" meal. So are low carb whole grain tortillas w/ Fat free refried beans, a little low fat cheese, salsa and fat free (or lite) sour cream. These are good b/c they aren't terribly high in calories but they have alot of protien and fiber to absorb the alcohol. Also, drinking a glass of water between beers helps (especially since you're going to the bathroom too much to order another drink).:drinker:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    OH man, don't eat light then drink heavy.

I did this yesterday and I'm paying today. Lemme tell ya...

This is actually part of my problem....I can get drunk as a skunk and no hang over...never had one in my life. Granted I feel weak the next day but no headache or stomach problems. But anyway I've been eating well today and I jogged 3 miles so now its time to have some fun! Oh and as far as priorities go I don't think a night of drinking is gonna kill me....hell I've been drinking through this 100+ pounds of weight loss. I was just looking for some tips on how best to do it.
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Are some of you guys kidding? Going out and having a few drinks doesn't mean there's a problem, even drinking to excess NOW AND THEN, as long as you're not driving and not getting out of control, isn't the end of the world.

When I was in college, I would go out for a few drinks just about every weekend with my friends. About 1 out of 10 times, I'd end up drunk.

I graduated with a 3.98 GPA, was a published researcher by the time I was a first semester sophomore, and now I'm the assistant manager of a business.

Clearly, I'm just a ridiculously high functioning alcoholic.

And to the OP? Don't make a habit out of it. Keep it to one night of the weekend only, and ideally not every weekend. If you eat well and work out enough the rest of the week, one night of drinking won't undo everything you've already done. :drinker:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are some of you guys kidding? Going out and having a few drinks doesn't mean there's a problem, even drinking to excess NOW AND THEN, as long as you're not driving and not getting out of control, isn't the end of the world.

When I was in college, I would go out for a few drinks just about every weekend with my friends. About 1 out of 10 times, I'd end up drunk.

I graduated with a 3.98 GPA, was a published researcher by the time I was a first semester sophomore, and now I'm the assistant manager of a business.

Clearly, I'm just a ridiculously high functioning alcoholic.

And to the OP? Don't make a habit out of it. Keep it to one night of the weekend only, and ideally not every weekend. If you eat well and work out enough the rest of the week, one night of drinking won't undo everything you've already done. :drinker:

All I have to say is THANK YOU! haha
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    just go out & enjoy yourself!
    i plan to, for my 21st!