i want to feel thinner

Options
can someone take a look at my diary and give me some tips, please?! i feel so chubby even though i know my height and weight are normal (female, 5'8, 128 lbs).

Replies

• wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    ill take a look
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    you seem to be eating ok i would cut back a little on the chocolate and add more lean meat and veggies!
  • whitterbugkru
    Options
    Lifting weights can do amazing things for your body. =)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    can someone take a look at my diary and give me some tips, please?! i feel so chubby even though i know my height and weight are normal (female, 5'8, 128 lbs).

Counselling. The problem isn't your weight. The problem is that your idea of how you look doesn't match how you look.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    yeah 5'8 and 128... you should not feel fat at all! my advice is just to eat healthy food (moderate portions, no binging) and be active but if you continue to feel fat i would seek counseling/support
  • lamp999
    lamp999 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i don't think that would do much, personally.. i have a small belly roll that i want to get rid of. I've tried doing 1200 calories a day, but i get low energy and headaches.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    i don't think that would do much, personally.. i have a small belly roll that i want to get rid of. I've tried doing 1200 calories a day, but i get low energy and headaches.

You shouldn't be restricting your calories to a weight loss level. Seek counselling.
  • lamp999
    Options
    actually, i hinted at my mom that i thought it might be helpful for me to talk to a nutritionist and she gave me a diet book. lol at my life.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I checked your diary, it seems pretty good overall, so why not look at some websites to help with the toning and stuff.try hasfit.com or you can find loads of stuff on you tube...maybe gillian michaels 30ds...really there are lots of free exercise programs that you can get in to
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If you're not feeling thin, but 'know' you are.. it sounds like it's more a matter of working on your mentality than your intake.
    As others have said, counseling is a good option.. but on the side, it never hurts to meditate & do athletic activities you really enjoy.

(Sometimes when I get into a physically demanding game, I fear the worst- in my head I'm still at my starting weight and fitness- I'm always so shocked to see how well I play & perform... It's a nice big slap of reality.)
    :-)
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Eat more, snacky foods seem to be about 30-40% of your calories and if you are eating that low you will be getting very little good nutrition, so keep the snacks the same and eat more or cut the snacks out...and eat more. :)
  • lamp999
    Options
    i'll be doing a gillian michaels dvd tonight haha, those are always so much fun... >.< thanks!
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" as well and 128lbs is on the cusp of underweight for that height. I agree with those who say it's time to look at this from an emotional and mental perspective, rather than a weight loss one.
  • lamp999
    Options
    i want to tone up, not necessarily lose a lot of weight.