Can anyone help me find calories for this pizza?

Options
Its a locally owned small restaraunt so of course they don't have any nutrition information available. I'd like to know the calories for the 14 inch thin crust peperoni and black olive pizza. Any tips on how I might most accurately calculate this?

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You could input the ingredients into the new My Recipe info. It may not be exact, but it would be a start.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There is a 14 inch dominos hand tossed pepperoni on here, I know thin crust is thinner so you could put down 1.5 slices instead of 2.

Or, you can search large thin crust pepperoni pizza- there are a few options, some of them list it for 1/4 pizza which is 2 slices normally.

ETA: ignore the olives, not much calories, especially compared to pepperoni pizza. You are looking at roughly 250-300 calories a slice and about 10-15 grams of fat per slice. I have only had pizza out OUNCE since i started actively using MFP in June and I just overestimated the calories for the pizza that day to be safe-- also make sure to blot the oil :)
  • nleosh
    nleosh Posts: 8
    Options
    Talk to the owner! Find out where he gets his crust, how much sauce he uses, how many ounces of toppings etc and then use the my recipe thing to build the pizza and divide it into the portion size you want. Sweet talk him!! Tell him you love his pizza and want to be able to work it into your food plan so that you can eat it without guilt - he'll probably help you and maybe find it a positive thing to post your findings so that the rest of his clientele can compare his pizza to Pizza Hut, Domino's etc. Work it !!
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Talk to the owner! Find out where he gets his crust, how much sauce he uses,

Are you serious?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Are you serious?

I think her plan is better than jumping straight to guess work :/
  • lessjess1
    lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just learned that DOMINOS has a great website with nutritional info included! Using this should I beleive should get me a fairly accurate calorie count for my local pizza joint. Thanks all!

http://www.dominos.com/home/menu/calometer.jsp
  • nroesler
    nroesler Posts: 81
    Options

Are you serious?

I think her plan is better than jumping straight to guess work :/

This is one of teh things I don't like about the website, this IS guess work. everybody metabolizes differently and we are taking a face value the info on a package and for the exercise that we are doing. This is not an exact science, it is a tool to help us stay on track. it gives us a ballpark number to work with. Wow, great rant! I needed that

My suggestion: eat and enjoy the pizza and work out extra hard that day, just don't do this everyday. call it a draw. The last thing you should be worried about in a restaurant is how you are going to log your calories for your meal.
  • nleosh
    nleosh Posts: 8
    Options
    yup!! ;) You said accurately so that doesn't include guessing... :) You'll never get what you don't ask for. what's the worst that can happen??? But hey, if you're gonna guess... then guess high and exercise like crazy to balance your intake.