1890 calories is just too much

Options
yesterday ive finally reached my calorie goals. But I am so not hungry, at all. Yesterday night I felt so bloated and this morning I had to force myself to eat breakfast. Actually skipped lunch all together and then went to dinner. Now I am so bloated again.

I dont think I am any where near "starvation" mode. Would it be okay to lower my calorie intake? I saw this diet online the other day where one day you eat 2,000 calories, next day is 1,200 caloris. Then keep switching it. It is supposed to boost your metabolism.

Would doing something like that be a good idea?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    How much exercise are you doing? If you feel overly full and bloated, try lowering your calories a little at a time, until you find what works for you. If you want to try a day that is significantly lower, that's ok, just don't go way over on other days. You can vary your caloric intake daily, as long as you are at a deficit for the week. However, if you go way over or way under on any particular day, you may not feel so great:)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Are you eating too much sodium? Are you getting enough water?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    yesterday ive finally reached my calorie goals. But I am so not hungry, at all. Yesterday night I felt so bloated and this morning I had to force myself to eat breakfast. Actually skipped lunch all together and then went to dinner. Now I am so bloated again.

I dont think I am any where near "starvation" mode. Would it be okay to lower my calorie intake? I saw this diet online the other day where one day you eat 2,000 calories, next day is 1,200 caloris. Then keep switching it. It is supposed to boost your metabolism.

Calorie confusion is not a technique that ordinary dieters need to use. Why don't try eating 1500 most days? You will never eat exactly the same amount every day.

Even if you were eating 1,000 calories a day you would not be in danger of starvation mode. The issues would be were you constructing a healthy diet and whether you personally could sustain it.
  • melissa3324
    melissa3324 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    this morning i had 4 hardboiled eggs toast and some coffee.

no lunch

dinner was a bag of spinach and some pinto beans.

yesterday was some hard boiled eggs, toast, coffee for breakfast sandwich for lunch, like 3 pears through out the day. dinner was some chicken broccolli and carrots.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Why so many eggs??
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of ways to up your calories. Low on protein? Have a protein shake. Low on fat? Eat some peanut butter. Low on carbs? Eat some cookies. My calorie goal is pretty low but I still find myself needing to get more calories in so I eat peanut butter everyday.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

no lunch

yesterday was some hard boiled eggs, toast, coffee for breakfast sandwich for lunch, like 3 pears through out the day. dinner was some chicken broccolli and carrots.

Unless that was all drowning in oil, I'm at a complete loss as to how it could total almost 2000 calories.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Try eating calorie dense foods like nut butters, olive oil, avocado, nuts which wont leave you to feeling bloated
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Your diet is horrible. Eat some protein like steak, chicken and fish. Nuts, olive oil, avocado.

4 eggs and beans is plenty of protein...

I'd personally recommend some more carbs and fats.
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options

no lunch

Unless that was all drowning in oil, I'm at a complete loss as to how it could total almost 2000 calories.

Me too. Unless you left out a whole chocolate cake in there somewhere, you definitely are not eating enough calories.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I eat 1950 cals a day, but I think I would feel bloated as well if I ate 4 hard boiled eggs in one sitting! :noway:

Try two eggs fried in a little coconut oil with that toast, and a piece of fruit.
    Snack on nuts, sliced apples dipped in peanut butter, a cheese stick.
    Eat 4 oz of grilled chicken with those beans and a portion of spinach rather than an entire bag, and toss some avocado, red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms - whatever you like - in that spinach and put some balsamic vinegar & olive oil on it.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Said no one ever!
  • AhhMaMi
    AhhMaMi Posts: 1
    Options
    hello everyone

My problem is i am allergic to eggs and nuts have a horrible affect on me although i luv them they dont agree with me... so what should i sub with
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    hello everyone

My problem is i am allergic to eggs and nuts have a horrible affect on me although i luv them they dont agree with me... so what should i sub with

you should probably start your own topic as people are trying to help the OP.:smile:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Try eating calorie dense foods like nut butters, olive oil, avocado, nuts which wont leave you to feeling bloated

This. I looked at your profile & it looks like you are trying to lose 100 pounds, so you shouldn't need to lower your calories now. Try eating more varied and dense foods.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

no lunch

a) there's no way either of those days was even close to 1800 calories.

b) to actually GET that to 1800 calories without feeling full, eat two WHOLE eggs, fried in a little butter, a couple slices of buttered toast with PB and maybe some yogurt (plus coffee of course), then try a quarter bag of spinach, throw some nuts, avocados, lean meat like chicken and some nice oil-based dressing on that salad. Then eat, like, two more meals :huh: Quit eating "diet" food and just eat normal people food. You'll hit your goal more easily.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

You can concentrate more on the weekly goal instead of the daily goal if that works better for you. Maybe read about Intermittent Fasting. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/599982-intermittent-fasting-faq