Question about drinking water??

Options
This may sound a little silly, but i can't drink water, i physically feel sick when i do, I don't know why, but i just want to urge when i drink it, so I know drinking water is good for weight loss, but would it work the same if i mixed it with a little squash too, the kind you dilute?
I know everyone doesn't like water, so what do you do?

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    squash?
  • becci92
    becci92 Posts: 30
    Options
    I take you don't know what that is? In the UK its a fruit flavoured cordial, mix a little bit in the bottom of a glass with the rest water, kinda like the flavoured water you can buy.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I did the crystal light flavors when I cut out soda and started drinking more water as I found it to be a great way to wean off soda and transition to water. Any more now (after 7 months of no soda) I prefer straight up ice water. I also drink decaf tea (caffiene is a diuretic and can dehydrate you) with some milk and honey to get my water in.
  • mistystover
    Options
    I cant remember where I saw it that all liquids will count toward that "water" goal for the simple reason they most are water based to begin with. I love unsweetend tea and drink decaf tea at night so I always count that.
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Try adding lemon to it. That's what my daughter does because she can't stand drinking plain water and it's all natural without added calories.
    I drink water at room temperature (unless i'm working out, then I like cold water), to get in all my water quickly. It's easier to drink a lot of it. I really don't like water very much so it helps to drink it fast and get it out of the way.
  • becci92
    Options
    @metizzy2 - thankyou, thats a great idea, will try that out!
  • Scari
    Scari Posts: 9
    Options
    My little sister hates drinking water, too...she eats ice instead.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    when i get tired of water i drink sobe.

sobe.com
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    This may sound a little silly, but i can't drink water, i physically feel sick when i do, I don't know why, but i just want to urge when i drink it, so I know drinking water is good for weight loss, but would it work the same if i mixed it with a little squash too, the kind you dilute?
    I know everyone doesn't like water, so what do you do?

I would say of course it's okay.

I am not keen on plain water either, however, I do really love the bottled water with a hint of lemon and lime or a hint of strawberry in it. It is just a little bit of a taste added to it. Perhaps you might enjoy those, Volvic do them and I am sure other bottled water makes will do them too. Worth a try.
  • lordrahvin
    lordrahvin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, any liquid fits the requirement.
    Just be sure to also log the liquid in the Food Diary so you can account for the other ingredients in the drink, in addition to the water.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I would avoid putting in any sugary powders or mixes. I would encourage you, as the others have, to mix fresh fruit or have like green tea instead. I love my water, I always have a nice big jug of water in the fridge at all times that is ice cold & I find I drink way more water if I use my water bottle. Just some tips!
  • LifeLoveFitness
    Options
    I don't like water very much either. If you like cucumbers, you might want to slice some and put it in your water bottle. It is refreshing! I hope that works! :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I don't like water very much either. If you like cucumbers, you might want to slice some and put it in your water bottle. It is refreshing! I hope that works! :)

i have a girlfriend that does this.. she loves it!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You know I have seen this similar post before and still have the hardest time understanding the dislike of one of the greatest things in the world....water...I flippin love it and will take water over any flavored anything any day. But if I didn't like I would think that Crystal light or one of the non sugar ideas would be the best.........here is another thing, like a child taking a yucky medicine, maybe getting a good few doses of water down real fast during the day will help. Personally I know that drinking water helps my hurting joints, clears my complexion, flushes me real good and actually helps kick start a good weight drop, I started again here 3 days ago and have dropped 4 pounds so far....I attribute this to water intake........a good ole flushidy doo daaaa.....do what you can to get your water in. Just no sugary carb stuff.....good luck :drinker:
  • becci92
    Options
    thanks everyone :) some great ideas! I've been drinking the volvic strawberry water all week, whereas before it was coca cola and fizzy drinks! Feel much better for it!