My motivation reward

Options
My motivation reward is to run a Spartan Beast in December (if you can call that a reward) and get a tattoo. What is your weight loss reward that keeps you motivated?

Replies

• LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite reached my final goal, but since I'm pretty much almost there I did get one out of the two rewards I had in mind.

A kinda expensive set of original vintage lingerie (I have a thing for vintage, but I always hate to spend too much money on myself), and the one that I will get when I finally reach the final goal will be a Tolkien quote tattoo on my ribs.

"Not all those who wander are lost".
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I got a Great Dane / Mastiff puppy.
  • Wakefromsleep
    Options
    I think it will take me some time to learn how clothes are supposed to fit. I am so used to buying cheap big size clothing to hide all of the...well, we all know. I am a hipster stuck in a fat prison. I will break free. My tattoo is actually a quote too. A famous man once said, "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it." That man was Albus Dumbledore.
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think it will take me some time to learn how clothes are supposed to fit. I am so used to buying cheap big size clothing to hide all of the...well, we all know. I am a hipster stuck in a fat prison. I will break free. My tattoo is actually a quote too. A famous man once said, "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it." That man was Albus Dumbledore.

So much preach. I seriously don't know what size I am anymore. Too many years being fat. I automatically go for the biggest size in the store because that's what I have always done. Big and cheap and not flattering at all. I was talking about this at some other post, how now I feel like "NO MORE ****ING TENTS FOR THIS GIRLY!" But I still don't get used to it. :S Brain takes some time to catch up with the body, in my opinion. And the whole progress sucks because it's not like it would make sense to buy a lot of clothes until you have reached your goal. They will not fit in some weeks anyway, they will be too big. xD

Ohhh, I have always liked the idea of quote tattoos that mark a moment of your life or mean something to you. I have another quote tattoo that I got almost at the beginning of my weight loss journey.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places"
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My motivation isn't as tangible, but it is really the knowledge that I will be able to perform in life/sports the way I want to.
  • Wakefromsleep
    Options
    My motivation isn't as tangible, but it is really the knowledge that I will be able to perform in life/sports the way I want to.

There is nothing wrong with that. In high school I was a weight lifter. Those were some great times. I would work out after school, do cardio at the track before bed every night, and then party on he weekends. I was comfortable in the gym and with other athletes. There are so many races and fitness tests that I would like to do now. I can't wait to just be able to pick up and go do it.
  • fietsvrouw
    fietsvrouw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did a 4000 mile bike tour of Ireland 15 years ago and it was the absolute peak experience of my life. My planned reward is going to be another kick-*kitten* bike tour - maybe coast to coast.
  • fietsvrouw
    fietsvrouw Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Totally with you there. I have been wearing baggy clothes to hide my body since well before I gained the weight. I hope we all come out at the end of this with a much happier, healthier relationship with our bodies. And we should post pictures of ourselves in our new duds.

By the way, even though he is not real n the tangible sense, Albus Dumbledore is one of my favorite people ever. :)
  • Wakefromsleep
    Options
    ^^^^ I concur
  • canoe4you
    canoe4you Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hate being so limited by my weight in EVERYTHING. Just walking up and down the stairs has been challenging, I have to shop in special stores to buy ugly expensive clothes, i want to do things like camping, traveling the world, get a JOB (no one wants to hire someone of 'size' when there are 10 pretty people applying for the same job), and not feel embarrassed in everything I do like trying to fit into an airplane seat and then trying my hardest to make the belt fit so I don't have to ask for an extender...I too have no clue what is a correct size of clothing as I have only worn baggy stuff for years to hide my weight. Now that I am losing it I have bought a pair of sweat pants that are 2 sizes smaller than the size had been wearing but i still wear those clothes just with a belt and they fit ok so it can be confusing. my motivation to be active drives me. I went canoeing with my husband today and it was exhilarating just being out in nature.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1. Color run
    2. Recolor my shoulder tattoo
    3. New clothes
    4. Trip to Savannah GA