Reduced calories while recovering from issues with feet

Options
I can't tell whether I'm dealing with plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel syndrome, or just some weird, wicked myofascial pain issues in my feet and ankles, but until I get in for an appointment next week, I'm going to stay off of my feet.

I didn't even bother putting on my Fitbit today, knowing I wouldn't get many steps. I've set MFP to Sedentary until I know what the deal is with my feet, and it naturally wants to tell me to eat only 1,200 calories a day (compared to the 1510 it had me at as 'lightly active' and the additional calories the Fitbit would always end up adding back).

I'm guessing it won't hurt me to eat at this reduced calorie level for a week or so, right? Or should I continue to eat at the 1510 calorie level, turn off the Fitbit syncing with MFP, and just ride things out at that level until I get back on my feet again?

I am doing light stuff around the house, but not getting in even 5,000 steps a day at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

Replies

• islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I contemplated that same question this week - not because I have pain or anything, but because it is a full rest week for me. I decided I like to eat more, so I kept up with my normal amount of food. It doesn't seem to have been an issue for me - and I am pretty sure a week at your current level will not harm your progress because you were at a pretty big deficit already...If you are nervous about it, maybe eat somewhere in the middle?