Do I need to eat more?

Options
So I am 5ft 3.5 in. And I weight 137 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight and I have been using this app on my phone called Lose It, where I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week to get down to 115 lbs. Well it has me at only consuming 1,001 calories per day. For the week I am under my caloric intake by 1,135, which is really more than that because I don't log my excerise. Lately I have been feeling light headed and occasionally when I stand up lose my vision for a brief moment, as well as being tired as in I can not stay up late anymore. Also I feel like I cannot get a full breath of air. As well as when I take a shower and am washing my hair I have a lot of detached hair, more than usual and I have baby fine hair, but a lot of it. Someone please tell me is my body in need of more calories? It doesn't take much for me to feel satisfied when I am eating, but I could eat more If I wanted to. Someone please help me, do I need to worry?

Replies

• GreenEggsNHan
    GreenEggsNHan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes... definitely worry. Those horrible symptoms are your body's way of screaming at you to feed it. You can lose weight without feeling like you're going to pass out... that's no way to live! A lot of people on here will chime in about never going below 1200 calories. I would eat that minimum and see how you feel. Good luck!
  • didiseriouslyjusteatthat
    Options
    They are all signs of not getting enough calories - fine hair on body, hair falling out, light headedness etc

Even if you are full gradually bring your intake up till you are eating about 1,000 calories (or more) each day.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    hi i am the same hight and weight as you but a lot older LOL . Have a look at my diet if you like i eat anywhere from 1200 to 1500 you are not eating enough i do eat back some of my calories just depends on what i did for my workout that day . You body is telling you that you are not getting enough food LISTEN to it
  • ronkelley2
    ronkelley2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    light headed and lose of vision are signs of LOW BLOOD SUGARS.... i have that problem when i look staight up... i have eat somthing right away or passout.... i do blood glucose testing for fifteen days before my yearly fisical with my doctor and when it happens my glucose level is in the low 50's... my dad died of pancass cancer and it something do to make myself feel better.....
  • RedHeadMoo
    RedHeadMoo Posts: 11
    Options
    the hair loss is probably a sign of a thyroid issue.
    Up your calories immediately please.