Question about logging insanity workouts

Options
Ok, so when I do the plyometric cardio circuit or the cardio power and resistance workouts, I just put like circuit training, or whatever. But what about the pure cardio workout, or the cardio recovery one? Should I just log it in MFP as generic cardio? It seems like it's a bit more intense than just an elliptical workout or something. What do you guys log it as?

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I would log it as Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hmm...ok. It looks like calisthenics burn the same amount of calories for the length of my workout today (I did both the pure cardio and the cardio recovery), so I just logged it all as circuit training anyway. I'm not sure how accurate the calorie burn amounts are in the MFP exercise diary thingie.
  • KMiller880
    KMiller880 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There can be a big difference. I use a heart rate monitor to log my calorie burn and sometimes MFP will say that I burned 180 calories when it is really closer to 300 or more. It's different for everyone though.
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There can be a big difference. I use a heart rate monitor to log my calorie burn and sometimes MFP will say that I burned 180 calories when it is really closer to 300 or more. It's different for everyone though.

Yeah, I need to get one of those. But I'm a poor unemployed college student, so I'll have to wait till I get some more monies. But that's probably my best bet, if I want an accurate count, I guess. Thanks for the advice!