What do you follow?

Options
Joey9407
Joey9407 Posts: 14 Member
There is so many ways to go about eating healthy but I wonder what are the two main areas you pay extra attention to (Cals,Carbs,Sugar,Protein,Fat, Sodium) If one thing works in a couple area it does not do that good in another like good cals and carbs but high sodium.

Replies

• viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I focus on everything but sugar, because the goals are ridiculously low if you plan on eating fruit throughout the day :) If you try and get a bit of each (carbs, protein, fat) into almost every meal and snack it's much easier to reach your goal rather than getting to the end of the day and thinking oh **** where can I get 60g of protein from etc. Good luck! :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Protein. The way I see it, as long as I keep lifting and eat enough protein then I'll make progress. Eat under TDEE and I'll preserve/gain muscle while losing fat. Eat over TDEE and I'll gain weight but at least some of it will be muscle.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Cals, Protein, Carbs, Fat, Iron (because I'm always deficient and it's an issue) and Calcium because I'm at an age that Osteoporosis can be an issue
  • Hazel0096
    Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Right now the only thing I watch is the calories.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My two biggest areas of concern are reasonable calories and high protein.

High protein means I won't shed as much (if any) muscle mass when I'm in a deficit, and reasonable calories.. well, I won't add body fat!

I try to stick to decent sodium levels too. I tend to cycle as far as carbs go and I make sure to get enough dietary fats.. makes for better vitamin absorption.
  • Joey9407
    Joey9407 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input guys!!!