Late Night Dinner Ideals

Options
So I'm stuck at work for another 3-11:30 shift and don't know what to eat when I get off. I know I shouldn't be eating that late at night but thats one of the downfalls of working late. I still have about 700 calories left and still plan on getting a decent workout in( atleast a 800 calorie burn). And i really don't feel like a salad.. so looking for any suggestions.. Thanks guys

Replies

• jjordan1270
    jjordan1270 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I DON'T HAVE ANY LATE NIGHT SUGGESTIONS BUT I WANT TO SAY WAY TO GO ON YOUR 59LBS LOSS!!!THAT IS AWESOME AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • kdolce15
    kdolce15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just had a quick pita pizza

Pita pocket bread
    I put a bit of olive oil and garlic (my husband likes pizza sauce)
    put whatever healthy toppings you like.
    I had baby spinach, broccoli, red peppers, light feta, and light mozzarella.

Cook it in the toaster over at 425 for like 15-20 mins.

SOOOOO AMAZING.
  • bpesano
    bpesano Posts: 7
    Options
    I found a really nice recipe in last month's Prevention Magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but I bought the ingredients to do it this weekend. Here's the link: http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/chickpea-and-tuna-toss.aspx. It's got chickpeas, canned tuna, red onion, watercress, parsley and lemon juice.Looks easy and inexpensive to make. They show it served with crisp bread. We buy Wasa crackers all the time and they look like they'd be great with it. If you don't like tuna you could substitute chicken or shrimp. Prevention always has a ton of tasty ideas, and they often list the nutritional info. Their website is a fantastic place to look if you don't buy the magazine.

Or, it's not very creative, but there's always a Lean Cuisine or a similar frozen meal. Or Subway, if you have one near you.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If you are eating something very close to your bedtime you are better off with something that digests more quickly like fruits and veggies. Protein and carbs are more slow digesting and will just sit in your stomach while you sleep (which i heard actually just turns to fat). If you don't feel like a salad, what about veggies and some hummus dip or a fruit salad? That should be enough to settle your stomach :)