My new sneakers

Options
I have almost lost my first 10#. I had promised myself new sneakers as my "prize" when I get there. I don't run, but I walk a lot and I'm not really into 'jock-y' gear. And, I'd love to not spend over $100 on my new shoes. Any suggestions for me? Thank you.

Replies

• bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What type of gear are you into? Fashion? Conservative? Trendy?
    Are there certain brands you avoid for political reasons?
  • RachelFaigin
    Options
    When I am not dressed as an artsy professional, I wear black clogs with fun patterned socks (incredibly comfortable!) and short pants. I do not own a sweat suit but sometimes I run out f the house in my short yoga pants. I have a funky look.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Sketchers has a decent selection of good walking and running shoes for about $50. Might be worth checking out. My trail running shoes from there have worked quite well to date.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound unhelpful, but go to store with the biggest selection and try on as many as you can. Walk up and down the store in them, wiggle your toes, march in place, do some calf-raises. When you find the right ones, your feet will tell you.
  • chadnfaith
    chadnfaith Posts: 7
    Options
    Personally, I love Kswiss, particularly Tubes. They are so stinking comfy and come in all sorts of colors, styles, etc. I, myself, like a good pair of loud shoes (funky colors all the way) and they've certainly kept me stocked in that department. :) They've got tons on their website (and lots of other online places). We live in a rural area so finding them locally can be a pain at times. However, I've never been unhappy with a pair that I've ordered. :)
  • RachelFaigin
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on Kswiss Tubes. They are pretty cool. I'll definitely look for them when I lose that final pound! Thank you.