Am i too heavy?

Options
There are so many people on here that are the same height as me that weight like 1 stone less! I am 157cm and weigh between 121-122 pounds. I wear a uk size 8 and actively work out. I am generally happy with my shape etc but it just occurred to me that its seems the ideal weight for my height is 110 pounds. Would love to understand where people get these numbers from as by the looks of it im in the heavy category!

Just curious on other people thoughts on the whole weight debate! For me its usually about how my clothes fit as you know when you need to cut back after certain holidays etc... ;) xx

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation. I think some people just have higher bone density and muscle mass than others. My hip bones stick out, as do my ribs and clavicles. I don't "need" to lose weight, but still weigh more than others at my height. You have to decide what is right for you and not always base it on others.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    22.5 BMI puts you right in the healthy range. Nothing to fret about.

It's the women over 12 stone / 168 lbs / 76kg that need help.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    We are all different shapes and sizes. What is right for them is not necessarily right for you! For example, I am a 6 foot woman but have a very slight build for my height. If I weighed the same as an average 6 foot woman (within a healthy BMI range) I would look chunky. Please don't compare yourself to others, we are all unique! :smile:
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Every one is different. That's why they have ranges and not specific numbers for every height class.

If you are healthy and happy with the way you look, don't stress about it and maybe get frustrated trying to attain a number that is unsuitable for you.

If that's your picture, which I would assume it is, you look great!!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nope. i'd hit it.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is right in the middle of 'normal' for your height - don't stress!
  • esjayyy31
    esjayyy31 Posts: 16
    Options
    Every one is different. That's why they have ranges and not specific numbers for every height class.

If you are healthy and happy with the way you look, don't stress about it and maybe get frustrated trying to attain a number that is unsuitable for you.

If that's your picture, which I would assume it is, you look great!!!!

^^^ this. People have different body types - everyone's different. As long as you're sure that you're living a healthy lifestyle and are happy - you're doing great! Don't be concerned with what others look like - you're on your own journey.
  • dalekirk1
    dalekirk1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    your weight is fine!
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    These people could be weighing 110 pounds and have no muscle tone whatsoever, which you do. I used to weigh 20 pounds less which was still in the healthy range, but just didn't look good. Weight isn't what matters!