Logging youtube videos like POP Pilates

Options
How do you guys log these? It seems like a no-brainer, but some of the POP Pilates videos feel much more intensive than the cals MFP says I'd burn with Pilates. Should I select Calisthenics?

Also, any recommendations of other youtube workouts? I have 45 minutes to kill.

Replies

• mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i've never done a youtube workout .. i've looked on there for advice on how my form should be when doing certain moves but didnt know they had workout videos!

the only 'online' videos I have tried are bodyrock.tv and that chick will kick you *kitten* in less than 20 minutes.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    The only ones I've ever done are the POP Pilates and POP Cardio ones; I like that I can mix and match 10 minute videos. :)
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    and its free? I'm going to check it out tonight. :)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yes! And some of them are real buttkickers! ~blogilates and ~blogilatesTV is where the videos are posted
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Look up sparkpeople on youtube.....there are a few 10 minute long workouts like kickboxing. I'll have to check out this here POP you're talking about,thanks!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I usually log them as calisthenics. I split it between easy calisthenics and hard, if I felt out of breath and sweaty and really pushing for half the video, I log half as hard, and half as easy.
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today I logged 25 minutes of pilates (for POP pilates) and 25 minutes of leisure bike riding. The pilates logged as 79 cals, and I felt like I had much more of a workout. The bike ride logged as 127 ... and I didn't even get out of breath! It seems way off sometimes. I usually wait until the end of the day to log exercising, so I'm not tempted to eat back any of the calories
  • mmonconduit
    mmonconduit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I feel like the calories burned for Pilates are inaccurate because 20 minutes of Pilates makes me feel the burn way more than an hour on any cardio machine. Pop Pilates I tried today and it is intense. So I would pick something else to log it under but I'm not sure what category.
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The girl also has a blog and said to log Pop Pilates as calisthenics and Pop Cardio as circuit training, but it still seems kinda low.
  • cassiee1234
    cassiee1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cassey reccomends logging POP pilates videos as calisthenics, circuit for HIIT workouts and aerobics for cardio :)
  • stephriley
    stephriley Posts: 13
    Options
    This helps so much! I have been logging pop pilates under pilates and I am thinking there is no way I burned only 60 calories in 25 minutes! I will start logging pop pilates under calisthenics. That feel A LOT more accurate!