Life Insurance NSV

Options
rjcelmer
rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
Rewind a couple years ago. I was just starting out getting into better health but I also needed to get life insurance. I applied for the policy and a requirement was a physical with blood work, urine, medical record review, etc. The policy came back as approved but at the "high risk" level. I was 280lbs, had high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. I got the policy but at the absolute highest premium possible with an additional security payment up-front.

Fast forward this week. I decided to move my policy to the company we have all our other insurance with, so I applied for a new policy. Once again, I went through the mandatory physical, blood work, urine, medical record review, etc.

I was approved yesterday at the "ultra select" level, which according to my agent is the hardest to receive. It carries the lowest possible premium. I will be saving nearly $45 a month.

He said, "you must be in excellent shape to get this level". Hard work paid off, literally.

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Now thats great!! Pats you on the back!!
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! By the way, those biceps are incredibly amazing!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Very well done, congratulations! It must be very gratifying for you to have what you accomplished verified in such a positive way! An awesome NSV!

One of the main reasons I am trying to get healthier is because of our health insurance at work. We were notified in December of 2011 that in December of 2013 that we have five points to meet to receive lower health insurance premiums. I am good on 4 of them, and now I am about 5 pounds away from being a "normal" weight for the first time in decades.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

I actually just found out this week when we went to get our life insurance that my rate is much higher than everyone else, and will cost a good deal more money than my husband's.

I'm thinking it's time to get better. They said if I lost 50lbs and kept it off for 1 year that it would improve.
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That is a huge NSV! Congratulations :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!! Congrats!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Even though your improved health and feeling so much better is the biggest reward...a lower premium comes in pretty high! Congratulations on the results of all your efforts.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I work in life insurance so I know that's a big deal. You will definitely save some money in the long run with this. Keep it up!!!I was so happy when my weight got me into Preferred which is next to top at the company I work at.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzrs5oJJ991qmwqdao1_500.gif

Cat dance for you!

That's awesome. Congratulations!
  • Runninglibrarian13
    Runninglibrarian13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT NSV!

and I have to agree.. .nice guns!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a life insurance policy through my work but I'm looking to get another policy since I'm the sole income provider in my family and I have two small children. I looked at some quotes online and depending on the insurer, I'm only about 10-15 pounds away from being in the elite/preferred plus rating class.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!