keeping gaining and losing the same 3 kg

Options
hi all

M 5'1 tall female n weight 63.5 kg which is overweight for my height. m tryiong so hard to lose weight and go down to 45 kg but i cant go below 60.8 kg keep gaining and losing the same weight.

i count my calories i burn 300 calories on cross trainer so i eat 1500 calories per day. if i eat more 1 day i'll gain weight and that weight wont go away at all so iv to start from the begining plz give me some advice as i work in a takeaway so its hard to eat very healthy. any food idea for lunch cant take pack lunch eithr :( thanx

Replies

• Sonia_weight
    Sonia_weight Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is my problem!:( Like even if i have a mcflurry, or have a takeaway even one day a week, i'll gain the weight all back on. then i'll have to start on square 1 again. Like this week my weight went down to 78.8 and now its up to 79.3. :( over the past few days i've tried hard to get it down and closer to 78 and its happening slowly i guess but i'll prob just gain again!
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i knw i wonder if i'll ever go below 60 :tongue:
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting ?
  • maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    this is also happening to me. i dont know why.. but maybe it has something to do with water. coz right now im undergoing water therapy.

Try cutting the calories u take each day. . Mine is only 1,200 calories and I also weigh 63 kls. BTW Im 24 and 5'1''. I'm overweight :D
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    lol me too m in the overweight category as well
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    im 5 foot and have 20 lbs to lose and i find its harder to lose when you have less wieght to lose i only eat 1400 a day and burn 700 a day in working out if i do eat some of that back its only like 200 and i lose weight i thnk for people who are smaller we dont need as many calories and we really have to watch what we eat because it can really turn into weight gain
  • MrsTheunissen
    MrsTheunissen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi all

M 5'1 tall female n weight 63.5 kg which is overweight for my height. m tryiong so hard to lose weight and go down to 45 kg but i cant go below 60.8 kg keep gaining and losing the same weight.

i count my calories i burn 300 calories on cross trainer so i eat 1500 calories per day. if i eat more 1 day i'll gain weight and that weight wont go away at all so iv to start from the begining plz give me some advice as i work in a takeaway so its hard to eat very healthy. any food idea for lunch cant take pack lunch eithr :( thanx

How much do workout and what exercise do you do? Maybe you are losing inches and not lbs. I am 5'2 and I am really slow in losing weight, but I am losing inches. And that will look nicer in the end. :smile:
    I would not go lower than your BMR if you do more that 3 exercise a week.

And the last lbs/kg is the hardes they say. Hang in there you are doing great. :drinker:
  • uuyecarg
    uuyecarg Posts: 6
    Options
    exactly the same for me sigh :(
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    hi all

hey yeah i saw that i lost more inches then actual weight! in here they have my calories at 1470 but my bmr is 1600 so maybe the cals are off?

How much do workout and what exercise do you do? Maybe you are losing inches and not lbs. I am 5'2 and I am really slow in losing weight, but I am losing inches. And that will look nicer in the end. :smile:
    I would not go lower than your BMR if you do more that 3 exercise a week.

And the last lbs/kg is the hardes they say. Hang in there you are doing great. :drinker:
  • servalan
    servalan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go, but I keep hearing if you're going to eat a "bad meal" you need to eat fewer calories a few days and up your cardio those few days as well. (I've read this on several message board posts.). Good luck!
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Being smaller we definitely have to stay on top of the diet thing. I mean my boyfriend can top out at 2500 calories and be fine; I HAVE to stay under 1500 and burn a TON of calories in order to have a hope of losing this weight I've gained.

I get your frustration completely. BUT, that being said...try NOT to stress it too much -- because that won't help you lose the weight at all. I backed off and I only get on the scale once a week, that way if it isn't going the way I want it to I'm not as likely to be stressed all week about it.
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    Being smaller we definitely have to stay on top of the diet thing. I mean my boyfriend can top out at 2500 calories and be fine; I HAVE to stay under 1500 and burn a TON of calories in order to have a hope of losing this weight I've gained.

I get your frustration completely. BUT, that being said...try NOT to stress it too much -- because that won't help you lose the weight at all. I backed off and I only get on the scale once a week, that way if it isn't going the way I want it to I'm not as likely to be stressed all week about it.

i was wieghing everyday and had to have my mom hide the scale
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    When you eat 'over' your calories is it with junk / processed food? It may just be water weight from added sodium in those types of foods.

I'm guessing you may be eating too few calories. Have you calculated your TDEE? There are several forums on MFP, or you can Google TDEE calculator, that will guide you through that process to determine if you're truly at the calorie level you should be. Yes, if you increase your calories at first you may gain a little but then your body will realize you're feeding it regularly and will stop gaining and you'll see it turn around. It takes time for your body to catch up so give it a few weeks if you make changes.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot and have 20 lbs to lose and i find its harder to lose when you have less wieght to lose i only eat 1400 a day and burn 700 a day in working out if i do eat some of that back its only like 200 and i lose weight i thnk for people who are smaller we dont need as many calories and we really have to watch what we eat because it can really turn into weight gain

This is my story. *sigh*
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    why do you want to go down to 45kg? That's borderline underweight. Unless you have a really tiny frame, that's not likely to be a healthy weight.

Find out your body fat percentage and base your goal weight on that. 45kg is too light for most women of 5'1". If it's right for you, then when you base your goal on body fat percentage, it'll tell you the same goal.

as for gaining if you eat a little more than 1500 cals/day, this will be water weight gains so don't stress about them. Your calorie goal sounds about right if you're otherwise quite sedentary and have a high body fat percentage. However if your body fat percentage is in the healthy range it might be better to eat more.

Don't believe everyone who says being short means you can't eat much, I'm 5'1" and lose weight at 1850 cals/day, without doing cardio, only weights. Most women can lose weight on more calories than they think, and it's easier and more sustainable to eat more and lose the weight more slowly. As you're struggling you might want to try this approach. Don't freak out at sudden weight gains from upping your calories, it's not fat, it's water weight. There's a thread called "in place of a road map" which explains how to calculate how much you can eat and still lose, and also explains why it's healthier and more sustainable to eat more.
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options

This is my story. *sigh*

yeah its hard! ive had advice given to up my calories to lose weight faster but the minute i go over 1400 i will gain even if its water weight and its hard for me because i am short so even when i wanna have a cheat meal i really have to prepare myself for the possible gain from it its a horrible feeling! but i still try to stay active and ive learned that even if i dont get to my goal weight as long as i get to a point where im comfortable that will be fine with me!