Zumba Question and Proposal?

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So I just ordered Zumba today and I am really excited about it! I am wondering if anyone knows about how many calories I would burn on an average, based on the fact that I am 236lbs.

Also I wanted to see if anyone wanted to embark on this new routine with me!?

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    I so love my Zumba...whether @ the gym or in my LV!

What do you have in mind for a routine?:happy:
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    when i started Zumba i was about 225lbs.. and usuing my heart rate monitor i could burn 700-800 calories.. depending on how intense the dances were... i love zumba
  • Krys_T
    Well once I get the package I will be able to see what exactly is in store for me! LOL But I wanted to do it 4 times a week for 45 to 60 minutes. Like I said, I have to see how long the DVDs are.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    I'm doing Zumba 3 times a week at my gym. It's great! 60 minutes worth, and it feels like only 1/2 of an hour!
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    * I have found that doing Zumba & calories burned has a lot to do with how much "Heart & Soul" you chose to pump into each action during the duration of the routine!
    * So my calorie expenditure on a really REVVED up nite & some one else's version of a slowwwww cha cha cha can certainly be very different.
    * I started out using/wearing a $20.00 Sportline Step/Distance/Calorie counter. And came anywhere around 450 - 600 cals per 60 minutes session. Height 5'7" & 172 lbs. I don't have the DVDs , but go to Zumba class in my town up to 3 x week.
    * To know - there is even a Zumba thread here on the community boards.
    * I betcha your mind & body are going to love this! Enjoy!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    You definitely need a heart rate monitor watch (with burned calories) to get a truly accurate count. Calorie burns can vary a lot based on gender, weight, intensity, etc.

I way around 130 and burn 500 calories in a 55 minute class (on average).

Have fun...Zumba is my favorite!
  • i'm actually about to join the gym, as soon as my son starts back to school, the whole purpose for my joining the gym, is to take the zumba class!!
  • I have been wanting to do this as well. Maybe I will buy it this week and we can both do it.
  • Krys_T
    For sure toomuch...that would be awesome!
  • Nevetra
    Nevetra Posts: 8
    I love my Zumba I have the dvds and i Go to the class at my gym 3-4 times a week I burn up to 500 calories thats when im giving it my all, im 5'5 254lbs
This discussion has been closed.