What are you surprised by?

Options
MellyGibson
MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
I've read too many negative, whiny threads today. So - I want to cheer things up!

I want to know what you used to not like (or think you wouldn't like) that you now love in relation to diet and/or exercise. I'll give you an example of what I mean:

I used to HATE squats - now they're my favorite exercise!
I used to add salt to just about everything - now my tastes are highly sensitive to it!
I used to HATE drinking plain water - now I just LOVE it and would rather have that than sodas or juices.

Your turn...

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised at how much cappuccino I could drink. Now just one small cup makes me feel queasy.

And how, since I'm off refined sugars, most sweet things are too sweet for me.
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for a long time. Now I get my 80-100 grams of protein mostly from meat and my diet is so much easier and happier.
    Not a morning person either. 5:15 a.m. and I am up getting out the door to go sweat hard.
    Also thought that my diet would forever be 1000 calories of raw veggies. Now I eat 1400-1600 a day and body fat continues to go down!
    I never thought I would get to the point where I do not care what the bathroom scale says.
    I hated running and gym class as a kid, now I run 5K races and it's awesome fun. I swim, lift weights, do burpees, and cause myself major pain in yoga class and I can't wait for my next workout.

The biggest surprise - that at 47 years old, I am in the best shape of my life! Not just body composition but my fitness level far exceeds my twenties and thirties and probably even my teens.
  • fizzyjerkthe3rd
    Options
    I'm surprised.by how little I care about my weight and the scales I feel happy and healthier.and that's what o go by now
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I used to drink lots of coffee and coca-cola, now green tea&water.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I used to love to post in the forums, but now I hate all the whiners....
  • casy84
    Options
    I used to drink lots of coffee and coca-cola, now green tea&water. Also I now eat lots of fish instead of chicken.

Sorry for the double post :D
  • casy84
    Options
    I used to love to post in the forums, but now I hate all the whiners....
    This also :) They all sound the same after a while
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Love it. And I'm surprised by how much more strength and stamina I have. I haven't felt this good in years. Thanks so much, Mel!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised.by how little I care about my weight and the scales I feel happy and healthier.and that's what o go by now

This.....and jack in the boxes-every single time.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    How addicting running can be!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    When people are intelligent, mature and gracious on mfp.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How addicting running can be!

This. :happy: I used to hate it. Now i'm training for the Boston Marathon.