Want to lose 32 lbs in 6 months top

Options
:embarassed: I'm so embarassed about my weight & finally think its time I do something about it. I finally realized I was getting out of hand when my jeans became extra tight for me. I'm mega confused though, on what foods I can & cannot eat to help mainitain my calorie target per day since I'm pretty new to this whole dieting thing. Anyone who's experienced based on the amount of weight they've lost & the foods they've eaten that help them to maintain thier calorie intake per day can help this rookie out with some ideas please.

Replies

• jannessy
    jannessy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    well lose 32 in 6 mnths is possiable just incorprate working out into your daily routine and the eating wise just input everything you eat to give you a better understanding on what your body needs. im barely starting this journey myself my start weight was 195 i didnt realize how much i gained since last yr i 160 and i was 4 mnths pregnant which ended in a miscarriage so now my goal is to get back to the same size post baby so feel free to add me and lets keep each other motivated becasue at the end of the day we all are aiming for the same thing
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,116 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to learn like the rest of us did. :laugh:

Try to stick with the majority of your foods as simple as possible. If it comes in a jar, a bag, a box, or a can try to limit the amount of it you eat.

So stick with fruit, vegetables, lean protein, nuts, oils, dairy. Just input everything, study and learn. Your goal is totally attainable. Get some moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Drink plenty of water.
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    Just input everything, study and learn. Your goal is totally attainable. Get some moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Drink plenty of water.

This. Your goal is totally achievable. Good luck!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Search "In place of a road map" in the search tab and it will open your eyes.

Eat a decent amount - your net calories (shown on homepage) shouldn't be less than 1200, and should be closed to your BMR (google this).
    Incorporate weights in to your exercise regime.
    Don't cut anything out, just limit 'bad' foods.
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If it comes in a jar, a bag, a box, or a can try to limit the amount of it you eat.
    Ignore this completely, when you're starting learning calorie control pre-packed can be a good thing. That 102 pounds I've lost? That's a little under 5 months of calorie counting and exercise and I eat fresh fruit, salad, pre-packed meals, fish and chips, today's lunch was a hot dog and 8 meatballs from the little kiosk on the way out of Ikea.

Eat less, exercise more, anything else is just gravy.
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started here Jan 09/13 and to date I have lost 28lbs so, your goal is possible in 6 months....it's up to you, how hungry are you to get there? Determination, eat right, and exercise daily.

Good luck!
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks. It really started with this website. Once I realized what calories were in what, I really started to think twice on what I ate. I also started working out 4-5 times a week. I run,swim,and spin. Spinning really helped me with my breathing which enabled me to run. I've never ran before, but since I started incorporating it into my work outs, the weight has been falling off. Feel free to add me!

Good Luck!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    First of all... don't come into it thinking "foods I can't have" and "dieting". In order for you to be successful you need to re-train your brain and body to be able to have WHATEVER you want in moderation. This is a marathon - not a sprint. You should make healthy changes for LIFE.

That being said... I used MFP to lose 20# right before my wedding in 2008-2009. Unfortunately I got lazy and gained it back. When I was most successful... I cut out eating out/fast food, soda, pre-packaged/processed foods. Eating clean/whole foods is the way to go. That doesn't mean you can NEVER have McDonalds again... but you should make it a once in a while thing. Drinking LOTS of water/tea for drinks... I don't even drink commercial juices because they are so high in sugar.

I workout 4-5x per week combining cardio and weight training. Doing BOTH is key. Because, if you just do cardio now.. you'll drop weight but need alot of toning.. then when you start lifting you might gain weight back and that can be discouraging. It's better to do them simultaneously.

Mostly... just learn as you go and make good choices for YOU. What works for me may not work for you. Good luck!
  • Analigo7
    Analigo7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's about my goal too although I would be happy with -40 total. I think the key is inputting everything into MFP and then seeing what this means for the food you are eating and your daily intake. You'll quickly learn and see what pushes those numbers up and what keeps you within your goal. Exercise gives you some wiggle room if you feel your calories are limited. My philosophy is to put my goal at 1200 calories and then exercise so I can eat back calories on days I feel hungry. I'm at the very beginning and have only lost 4 lbs. I'd love to add more friends who have a similar goal! Anyone reading this please add me so I can stay on track and help you when you need it. We can do this! :-)