holiday+weight loss? Advice please!

Options
Hi Everyone

I've just started using myfitnesspal and I'm about to go on holiday. I'm a little nervous as I don't think I'll be able to calorie count as during that week I wont have internet access. It's a yoga holiday so I'll be exercising, but I'm a bit nervous about overeating. I wonder if anyone has any tips on how to enjoy a holiday without over-indulging. I was considering cutting out certain foods like bread and other starchy carbs to make up for the fact I wont be able to calorie count. Do you think that is a good idea? Advice would be hugely appreciated!

Replies

• staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    If you have the MFP app on a smart phone or something, you can still log without internet access, it just won't sync to the site until you get back. Also, after calorie counting long enough, you'll be able to remember exactly what's in the food you're eating. Do the best you can this weekend and keep at it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you just started... so don't worry about it.

start when you get back.
  • tasharomie
    tasharomie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great Idea, the fewer carbs you have the more likely you will be able to maintaine or reduce while you are gone, Also watch out for the sugary treats.
  • PomegranatePear
    PomegranatePear Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Good advice ( :
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday. Eat more vegetables, even stuff yourself on vegetables. I have found over the years that it is easier to tell yourself what to do, way easier than it is to tell yourself what not to do. Nobody likes hearing NO, not even from ourselves.
    Nobody needs empty carbs and wheat is the worse. So avoiding baked products will help you keep on target.
    Just make good choices.