WAA WAA WHINY BABY

Options
Another Friday Weigh Day came and went and I did not log my weight...AGAIN. I've been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over and over again! For 8 weeks I have seen my weight go from 194 to 192 to 193.7 to 191.9 to 194.7 to 192.3 and on and on and on. I am certainly eating right. My blood sugars are normal. I'm exercising at least 45 minutes every other day. I'm drinking my water. And no, I really don't want any advice. I really just want to *****. Maybe some encouragement might help. I'm frustrated, but I'm not quitting. Following this simple program has gotten my blood sugars normalized, so if I never lose another OUNCE, at least I'll have that. So, thanks for letting me cry. Just sign me...Fat & Coming to Terms With the Fact that I Might Always Be Such.

Replies

• tracyschreier
    tracyschreier Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That ***** was b*tch.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    That ***** was b*tch.

I got that. lol I haven't been here long... but I have noticed that the 190s seem to be popular for plateauing... Keep at it. :) You will eventually break through! (Maybe play with your calories or workouts and find what works for you.) Good luck! And congrats on the progress so far!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's ok to whine sometimes! I have asked my FL to call the Waaaahmbulance for me many times. I do agree with the above response that maybe it's time to change something up. If you are feeling happy with your food intake b/c of your blood sugars, I would suggest trying to change up your exercise.
  • untogether01
    Options
    Wow- that is EXACTLY what is going on with me; I have been so bummed- in fact, yesterday I spent a good amount of time complaining and then ended with "but I'm going to stick it out because at least I'm getting more fit".

Add me if you want to b*tch together :)
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am just going to respond with a little bit of my experience. I lost 46 #'s in 6 months with an injured foot in a cast. My cast came off and I could finally add in more exercise. My weight loss stopped! I stuck with it for more than 2 months, up and down the same 2 #'s. I have read on here about increasing calories and was very hesitant. I have slowly increased my calories. I found it difficult to increase my consumption so have mainly added healthy fats and more calorie dense foods. All of a sudden, I have started losing weight again. Down 2#'s last week and 1# so far this week though I haven't officially weighed in yet. Anyway, consider it and if you don't, then just reinforce yourself during your plateau that what you are doing is the healthy way to live and any weight loss is bonus. Add me as a friend if you desire support.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have not hit a plateau yet, but I know it's coming... I have so much to lose I just hope it doesn't hit until I'm in the 100's! ! You might need to change something, your work-out, your calories, whatever, in order to show your body who is boss! Keep with it - you can do it!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau awhile back that lasted about 5 weeks, but my body was still changing because my clothes were still getting looser. It broke & I started losing again but I think I'm hitting another one now. I don't really care what the scale says as long as I'm feeling healthy & feel like I'm still getting smaller in the right places. Remember, the scale #'s are probably the worst ones to rely on as a sign of how you're doing - your important #'s already tell you that you're doing great. Keep doing what you've been doing & the plateau will break. Weight loss is NOT linear, MFP might say I'm supposed to be losing 2 lbs. per week but it isn't happening that way.
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. What you are doing is "working" as evidenced by your blood sugar control. Use NSV (non-scale victories) to keep you motivated: how do you feel, how do your clothes fit, are you meeting your exercise or eating goals? The combination of changes you are making is most important, think of weight loss as the side effect.
  • tracyschreier
    tracyschreier Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    "Weight loss is the bonus."

I think I'll have this engraved on a plaque.

Those stupid two pounds are so frustrating, but when I think of all the other things...

I'm breathing better (quit smoking Apr 15th of this year); my clothes *do* feel better; I've lost inches, four alone around my waist!; I have more energy; I'm exercising nearly every day; I'm able to peddle a bicycle for forty-five minutes without stopping once; I see a big difference in my face; I've increased my intake of water, and vegetables; I'm not sleeping 14 hours a day; my glucose levels are near normal in the morning, and *are* normal throughout the day; my doctor has discontinued one of my diabetes medications, and suddenly, inexplicably, a calm and peace has taken over my normally depressed mood this time of year...

"Weight loss is the bonus."
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    That's a fantastic way to look at it. :) I hovered infuriatingly right at 200 pounds for awhile before the weight finally let go, but in the meantime my endurance got better, my energy came up, and I kept losing inches off my waist and thighs.

One thing that's important to consider: Check these out.

http://www.functionalfitmag.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fat-vs-muscle.jpg
    http://media-cache-is0.pinimg.com/originals/50/0b/b4/500bb4271679b9a19179b4ca37309b2e.jpg

If you're eating at a deficit and exercising, you might even see the number go up but that doesn't meant you aren't working toward something awesome!
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ah, the delightful plateau.

I'm with you. I lost six pounds in my first month on mfp, stalled out, and have cycled through the same two pounds for weeks now. I almost did a little dance when I lost another half pound weighing in this morning - my first actual loss in weeks.

Personally, I just kind of accept is as part of the process. I've let it discourage me in the past, and I end up gainingIt all of the weight back because I'm so frustrated. This time I decided to just take a more relaxed approach, keep doing the things that I know are good for my body, and let it be what it will be. I figure it will break through sooner or later, as long as I keep at it. And, as was posted above, even if you're not losing the weight, at least you're doing things that are good for your body.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Going from 183-186 over and over and over and over again!
    I stopped the extreme exercise that I had gotten "addicted" to. No more 5am's for me for now! I just went back to focusing on eating better. I get more sleep and I'm happier. One of these days I'll find something that will help the weight go down again, but its been 8 weeks for me too!