How to lose lower belly fat

Options
I have been trying to get rid of the lower belly fat for ever. I play d2 basketball and am always doing cardio. Idk why but my belly fat never seems to go down help me!

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep going and lower your overall body fat %. Make sure you eat enough, get enough protein, and lift some heavy weights.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Belly fat and inner thigh fat seem to be the most stubborn on me. I can't wait until these areas look tight and toned. Definitely feels like an uphill battle sometimes.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    the same for me, i have been at it for a year and a half and maintaining for 6 months now and i still have lower belly fat, the only place i am not happy with... i started lifting 1.5 months ago and i still haven't noticed a change yet ;(
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What's your bodyfat percentage? A lot of people hold onto weight there. For a nice chiseled six pack you'll need "about" 7% bodyfat. Do you work your ab muscles? If not it may never tone up as you simply don't have the muscles there to do what you want. You can't target a particular area for fat loss so maybe some cardio crunches and planks are what's needed here...
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Some studies have shown that not eating sugars too close to bedtime can have a positive impact on not putting fat back there. Of course, there's also plenty of studies showing we can't control where fat goes. A little research on this topic may provide more guidance.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Belly fat and inner thigh fat seem to be the most stubborn on me. I can't wait until these areas look tight and toned. Definitely feels like an uphill battle sometimes.

I have to agree with you on this one.
  • Madsocks
    Madsocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was going to post the same thing. I have lost 9lbs since my last weigh in yet my chest and waist are still the same, I've not lost any inches. Even though I'm doing really well, it's getting me down a little because now I feel that I'm not doing enough and it's not working (despite my weight loss). :-(
  • bates159
    bates159 Posts: 3
    Options
    bro dont get down on yourself! cmon! any weight loss is a good thing! chin up champ!
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    As you are relatively young you might not have built a lot ab Muscle so even though you are athletic the belly fat is going to be sitting there with nothing much behind it, making it seem worse.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that belly fat is very sensitive to what you eat. So cutting out the junk and eating healthier should help to reduce bloat and lower belly fat as should overall fat loss.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It all depends on you. People lose weight differently. For me, I lost my belly first, but my thighs seem to always be last. So just keep at it and your belly will shrink.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only solution is eating cleaner.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This is most likely your body's preferred place to store it's fat. Just keep plugging away at it with your nutrition.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Although I do not have any scientific data, I also feel limiting your sugar intake, especially refined sugars, helps. I know it helped me. Another thing that has helped me is good old fashioned sit-ups. I do 100-150 most days.
  • bates159
    bates159 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for all your help guys!
  • KyleWitt87
    KyleWitt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep running and burnin' those cals lol. If its your low belly and it's not very big you could take some colon cleanse detox pills that will help flush out your system. You will notice a dramatic loss in the lower belly since that's where your bowls be. That's about all I can think of lol.