Starting Insanity?

Options
Yesterday, I did my Fitness Test, and today I did my first full workout. This stuff is serious about being insane! Has anybody else started Insanity recently or planning on starting?

I can already tell that I will need all the motivation I can muster to get through the next 62 days! If any body else has just started or is going to start, I think we could all help motivate each other!

Replies

• toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    I just finished Day 23, if you have any questions or want any advice, feel free to ask. It is definitely insane, but in a couple weeks you will literally laugh at the fit test because it won't seem NEARLY as hard as it was the first day.
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    I'll be starting it next week
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've done the whole 60 days and I'm on Round 2!!! I love it!!!! Be careful on the jumps, I landed wrong and seriously injured my back. Get you some knee pads too, because it can be hard on the knees. Yes the Fit Tests are important to see where you are and how much you have improved. Its a great workout!!
  • dino_morgan
    dino_morgan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The workout is vigorous! But I feel great when I'm finished. The next 61 days are going to be rough, but fun. What have you guys done to help with the daily soreness?
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Dino - I'll be starting Insanity after this round of P90X, but that won't be for another month and a half. Soreness for both is dealt with the same way. Drink a good recovery drink and stretch a lot! I like the P90X Recover Drink and I think I saw it endorsed in the Insanity guide as well.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wear some good shoes and land as softly as you can!
  • dino_morgan
    Options
    Mama-I've never done Recovery Drinks. Do you supplement them for a meal? I'm sure I could get it from GNC. I'll be starting P90X after I'm done with Insanity! :)
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    The soreness will get better the more you do it. I was really hurting the first week. Better the second week. Now I can't really tell I worked out the night before, well.. at least until I start my workout for the day, then my muscles get a bit angry with me.

Really it's pretty much designed to kick your butt for 6 days, and somehow in the one day off your body is supposed to heal. The cardio recovery days are not a break at all for me, they are actually harder on the muscles because of the deep muscle work.

Recovery drinks definitely help, and if you have access to a hot tub I am sure that would help too. I usually use my exercise calories to account for my recovery drink calories. With insanity you can be burning anywhere from 350 - 1000 calories, so drinking a 200 -300 calorie recovery drink isn't so bad.

The workout is vigorous! But I feel great when I'm finished. The next 61 days are going to be rough, but fun. What have you guys done to help with the daily soreness?
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey good job. I know it is hard but dont give up. Or else you feel like crap and then you have to start ALL over again. Plus you are so close. Hey you know that I am doing P90X right now and that I will always be there to motivate as much as possible. You can always text me if you feel like you cant do it. Plus I will be texting you anyways just to make sure. Plus that helps me make sure I do what I need to do. You are doing great keep it up ok. Plus after we are both done we will switch and you will have too push me through INSANITY. KEEP IT UP. WOOOO Morgan Fox IN THE HOUSE. lol
  • dino_morgan
    Options
    Todd- seriously! kicks my *kitten* for 6 days and keeps kicking the 7th! haha!

Adam- you're the best! Thanks for helping to motivate me, and I hope that I am doing the same!!
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    i'm about to start month 2 of insanity....needless to say i'm scared ****less of it haha. i've also been training for a half marathon so i'm either running or cross-training in the morning and getting my insanity on in the afternoon. terrible life i lead. lol. i actually love it but i'm getting burnt out for suuure! i'll be posting on here to get motivation and to give you some motivation too :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hey - we just finished our first week of the 2nd month of Insanity. It was tough to do Max Plyo for three days this week. Good luck with your training. Sunday is a rest day for me, but I'm going to get up and do X Stretch.
  • richelle_ross
    richelle_ross Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would love to get my hands on p90x or insanity! it would definitely help me get rid of this pregnancy weight and then some! anyone know were i could get it cheap?
  • s_perdue
    s_perdue Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey all! I am on my "recovery week" between month one and two! I am HOOKED. but definately scared of next week. ;) The recovery drink (p90x) is worth the money!!!! it has helped me tremendously. I count it as a snack of sorts. Make sure to factor it into your total calories!! I found both my p90x and Insanity dvd sets on Ebay and saved a boatload of money. Just be sure the person has a good rating and is backed up with Ebay's security protection. Hope this helps someone! If anyone has advice for me for next week/month, please let me know! =)
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd week. In phase 1, Pure Cardio is really where you'll find out what you're made of...I recommend watching it the day before you do it because you only get 3 water breaks. 11 minute warm up, 6 minute stretch, 15 MINUTE WORKOUT (NO BREAKS) then 4.5 minute cool down. Just did if for the 2nd time this morning.
  • dino_morgan
    Options
    amg: holy cow! you're amazing! running and do insanity??? Kudos to you!! It sounds like you're pretty close to the end though. What kind of results are you seeing in your body?

P90: did you say you're doing it twice in one day???

You guys are all amazing!! Keep up the good work!
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Max Interval Circuit today and really brought it. I burned 903 calories this morning. Ba.na.nas...
  • princesspurple
    Options
    i just finished my first round yesterday and was lost today!
  • edorice
    Options
    What do you plan to do now?
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs in the first month! my legs are a bit thinner and my abs are slowly getting more defined. I'm afraid to weigh again though because the past 4 days i've been eating like crap!