Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

smoothies

im gona buy a juicer today get lots of fruit n veg this my first week on here..... can anyone give me some nice recepies for a morning one that will fill me up till lunch and doe u think smoothies actually work thanks alot

Replies

• salsaverde321
    salsaverde321 Posts: 60 Member
    strawberries blueberries banana with oats and soymilk (as a breakfast smoothie)

I wouldnt reccomend as a meal replacement i tend to get hungry within 2 hours
  • jaejoe
    jaejoe Posts: 6
    ok thanks
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    look up raw vegan on you tube and you will get lots of free tips and information, no harm as a replacement for one meal,
    also great as a natural supplement , ( with vitamins in mind or protein also)
  • 125g (4 oz) blackberries
    300mL (10 fl oz) purple grape juice or 400 g (13 oz) fresh purple grapes juiced
    3 tablespoons natural live yoghurt

put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth

If using fresh grapes juice them first then put them in the blender.

200 calories

or banana, 200ml fresh orange juice and 25g sunflower seeds in a blender
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by "do they work?" - smoothies are just food, albeit in liquid form. :smile: I find them a handy way to increase my fibre intake.

If you google "green smoothie" you should get some good ideas for smoothies where you add greens such as spinach or kale. Spinach is a good one - you get the micronutrient benefits, but you don't really notice the taste of the spinach. Things like kale take a bit ore getting used to. I like to blitz up some spinach leaves with a frozen banana, then add strawberries, or any other berries I have, and add a little Greek yoghurt and some water.

If you want it to keep you full til lunch, it's probably worth paying attention to the protein content, so Greek yoghurt is good for that.
  • MrsMason101212
    MrsMason101212 Posts: 15 Member
    FYI smoothies are made with a blender not a juicer. Either are good for getting raw nutrients into your body. Smoothies give you the fiber and juice does not. If you want to do some juices look for totally raw christina on youtube, she has some good combos. Smoothie ideas can be found all over the net!
  • greyhoundphile
    greyhoundphile Posts: 35 Member
    I did this 3 day cleanse to start off my weight loss and I love the breakfast and dinner smoothies! They are tasty and healthy and well-balanced. The breakfast is: one cup raspberries (I use frozen), 1/4 cup spinach (I use frozen), 1 banana, 1 tbsp. almond butter, 1 tsp. ground flax, 1 lemon (juice), 1 cup water. I still have it every morning and it keeps me full until lunch time. Here's the info sheet: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    FYI smoothies are made with a blender not a juicer. Either are good for getting raw nutrients into your body. Smoothies give you the fiber and juice does not. If you want to do some juices look for totally raw christina on youtube, she has some good combos. Smoothie ideas can be found all over the net!

What she said. ^
    I've been using a Vitamix for green smoothies for 6 years now. I love it!