Finished my first 5k!

Options
Just finished up my first 5k race, the same event where last year I wasn't even able to finish the 2 mile walk. My goal was to not walk at all and to finish under 40 mins. Didn't quite make the first goal, had to walk 3 times for a total of about 6 mins, but I did make the second goal, my time was 37:40! I'm so proud of how I did, and now for future events I have a baseline to improve on.

The race definitely kicked my butt though. At the end, my wife said my face was beet red and my eyes were blood shot. I really pushed it at the end and it took a toll, but it felt sooooo good to be able to do it.

Replies

• jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!! What a great accomplishment!!
  • jtfoster_123
    Options
    That is the best feeling of accomplishment in the world!!!!! AWESOME JOB!!!!
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Congrats on beating your time goal! I'm going to attempt my first one at the end of the month. My goal is just to finish it with out dieing LOL
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! :)) i am starting the couch to 5k program on Sunday and I am running in my first 5k in November!!! this is an inspiration for me!!!! way to go!!! :))
  • browneyedmom
    Options
    WAY TO GO! I have already signed up for my first 5k in September and my goal is to just make it to the finish line still breathing :bigsmile: I am only on week 1 of the c25k so just hope I make it to the end!!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to start in the late fall (hopefully) when it's not so warm out. Heat & running for me do not mix. I just recycled week 4 of the c25k (for the 2nd time), the 5 minute runs are killing me. I think I'm going to do week 4 again next week.
  • spambubbles
    spambubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's such an awesome victory! :smile:
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you! Now... don't stop!!!!!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    remember this day friend soon you'll be doing a burning through running shoes and the 5Ks will pile up.
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    totally awesome!!!!
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    Fantastic.. Great Job!! Congratulations:happy: :happy:

Before you know it, you'll be setting one PR after the other:)
    Keep it up..
    Cheers
    Dounia
  • JensLogin
    Options
    Congratulations, this is an awesome accomplishment! Keep going... can't wait to hear about your first 10K!!
  • Michaela722
    Options
    That's great, congrats!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am definitely signing up for the Race for the Cure 5k in October but have been thinking about doing one on Labor Day. I kinda want to see what I end up with and how I can improve for October.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    way to go, what a great feeling!
  • vineas
    vineas Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. It felt so great doing it, but man am I sore today - I'd say it's a good sore, but that's hard to say right now, it just hurts, lol. Can't wait to start running again though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!