Excercise Motivation

Options
Hey guys,

I wanted to know what keep you guys motivated to work out? I have been doing great loosing weight slowly. I would sometimes exercise for a month, and then just give up completely. I'm at the point where I'm at a healthy weight, and my friends have started telling me that all I really need is to tone my body. The problem is I really hate exercising...well not hate, but I'm just not into it. I have to work all week for 40 hours, and then school at night again starts in a week. Just thinking about it makes me feel stressed out. So I wanted to know for those with a full time job and going to school...what drives you to still go to the gym and exercise?

Replies

• makeupangel
    Options
    find something you love! i have found classes work better for me than just going to the gym to workout. Also start small and build up your tolerance for the work out or you will foir sure burn out. :wink:
  • iamnick
    iamnick Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i think the key to exercising is finding something that you truly like doing.

I do a lot of boxing. its my passion.
    I look forward to getting off of work in the afternoon, then going boxing.
    its something i want to do everyday, even on days i probably should rest.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you, as far as hating exercise. I don't really hate it. It's just finding the time. When I worked full time and did schooling online, I found that if I walked during my lunch break, I was at least getting some exercise in. Maybe, you could try doing that. I am a single parent, so it is tough sometimes when I get home to try and juggle the kids, dinner, homework, baths and finding time to workout. I am hoping once they both are in school that I can get a morning workout in.

I too need help with motivation. I know I feel great after I take a long walk/jog, but it doesn't keep me going.

There is TONS of motivation and support here at MFP! Just remember you are working out to become more fit and healthy and once you get where you want to be, all your hardwork will be worth it!

You are beautiful!

-Katie
  • jtfoster_123
    Options
    I do not have quite the schedule you do but I am a gym nut. You can knock out a crazy good workout in 20-25 minutes with circuit training during lunch time. Don't know if that is possible but its just an idea :)
  • alphasigalum
    Options
    I agree with everyone here. Find something you love. I really enjoy spinning and turbo kickboxing at 24 hour fitness. I also do the boring elliptical from time to time and I dread that the most. Finding a good class that works with your schedule will be best.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym more in the winter but I find summer to be more of a challenge because I want to be outside. I absolutely love to ride my bike and since I live in such a beautiful area I am very motivated and I also use my bike for local errands which accomplishes two things at once.. I think finding something you really love doing is the key. I love the elliptical at the gym but since I do an hour I can get bored. I have found it is helpful to download movies and music to listen to and that makes it go by much faster. If you are having problems fitting exercise into your schedule I would look for ways to incorporate it in by parking further away from your destination, walking during lunch break, getting up a little earlier and doing something you enjoy. It is not all or nothing, sometimes it is a little of something.:flowerforyou: