MEAL IDEAS HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
hi all new to this site and really need some inspiration of how people divide out there calories between the day and what sort of things people are eating are they eating 3 meals a day plus snacks or just 3 meals no snacking or 2 meals a day i really need some help thanks

Replies

• flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I try to space my meals out during the day, because I found that when I ate 3 big meals I tended to overeat because I was so hungry. I organized my diary in 3-hour chunks, and I try to eat something during each block. I've found it works best for me, and I don't get so hungry during the day. You're welcome to check out my food diary if you want! :)
  • suzyq2992
    Options
    in order to lose weight you are suppose to eat 5 small meals a day.start with breakfest then in about 2 hours after have a snack then lunch two hours later another snacl then your supper.you have to decide on what you eat but it all about portion control.you should measure your foods
  • chelebe
    chelebe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found an old diet book called the 90/10 diet. That helps me. The author writes out a 7 day meal plan for calorie controlled diets. She even includes some not diet foods into it, so you don't have to go without. It a good place to start.:happy:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day...I try to make breakfast and lunch my heaviest....and try hard to make dinner as light as possible

My in between meals are usually almonds and a fruits for the first snack and then another fruit for the second snack.

I found out from a MFP pal to try almond and raisin...and I am never going back, the sweetness from the raisin mixed with the almonds, are so yummy....

Based on your daily caloric goal, just divide it by 5 and break down your calorie per meals that way if you want

Goodluck
  • kellyprati
    Options
    hi thanks i checked out your diary and it looks like im on the right track thanks for that
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    most of the time I eat 3 meals a day and try to do a lot of cooking at home. then i sit down to eat and savor what i have. i go to farmer's markets and buy seasonal foods as well as use some ingredients from home and find recipes from AllRecipes.com - many have the nutrition information if you're interested. i try to stay as mindful as possible of what i'm putting in my mouth.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals a day and 2, sometimes 3 snacks. My snacks are usually low fat yoghurt, fruit or nuts. Recently I've taken to having a scrambled egg and toast with a sliced tomato for lunch. It really keeps me full until dinner time! :smile:
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I typically eat throughout the day 7:30 (smoothie), 10:30 (fruit) , 1:00 (lunch), 3:00 (fruit), 6:30 (dinner) 8:30 dessert
  • kellyprati
    Options
    thanks for all your replies i think im on the right track so far
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I try to eat small meals throughout the day. Working especially hard to keep my breakfast and lunch low-cal because my particular problem is I am very hungry from 2-4. I keep our dinners very simple with lean turkey and chicken or fish with a roasted vegetable. Sometimes a starch if there are extra calories left! :) I search the Cooking Light website for meal ideas. So far I've been pretty successful with the recipes I've found. My two favorites are under 300 calories! I recommend their "Chicken and Guacamole Tostada" and the "Hawaiian Turkey Burgers". Both very delicious!
  • kmulhollen
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! This is a fantastic site to keep you on track and get lots of feedback about getting your body where you want it to be.

One of the things that helps me is to try to pre-plan my day. I don't do this everyday but I def do this if I know I have a high calorie dinner planned, special event or other plans that keep me out of my own refrigerator! A lot of my friends will enter all of their food before the end of the day so that they know what they will be eating all day and how it looks calorie-wise. It's never a good thing if you've splurged on lunch or a snack midday and realize you have only 150 calories to make it through the rest of the day.

The best part of the food and exercise logs is that it gives you real consequences for what you eat/don't eat and how exercise helps what you can put in your mouth.

Good luck in your journey. I know you'll do well!
  • mommydinasaur
    Options
    Here's what I try to do (others have mentioned this as well....):

I try to eat 5 small meals. My breakfast usually contains the most calories, since then I have the whole day to work on burning them. Small snack, then decent sized lunch, another small snack, then I try to keep my dinner fairly light since I don't do much activity in the evening. I also try to be finished eating dinner no later than 6pm. I limit dessert to 2 nights of the week, but I don't eat anything after 7pm.

Good luck!
  • heidikins14438
    Options
    I love making Fritatas you can put anything in them and there is no crust so the ones I have been making are only 90 calories a slice. I started using this at the beginning of summer and lost 21 lbs!! I am down 2 dress sizes! LOVE this site! You can also google low cal recipes! I made roasted tomato soup which was yummy also! Let me know if you want some of my recipes!