Low Carb Cold Cereal-does it exist?

Options
I LOVE cereal, but all the cereals i have seen (besides hot cereal) are very high in carbs??? Anyone know of any cold cereals that are low carbs?

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating carbs, carbs are good for you. Just fit them into your macros and you will be fine.
  • paradisochick
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating carbs, carbs are good for you. Just fit them into your macros and you will be fine.

I agree with this, but it is a good question though. Do they exist?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    http://www.realfoodnutrients.com/Diabetes/Carbs/cereals.htm

There's a list of hot and cold cereals with carb count and fiber.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Stop *****ing. Jesus.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    looks like there's some "protein crunch" type cereals that have pretty low carbs....I've tried some and they taste like crud. I think you should eat the regular if you are going to eat it at all. otherwise choose something different (eggs for example). try to go natural... even the "healthy" high protein/low carb cereals are super processed (even though you are buying it from whole foods). basically, you can't get better than 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal, cold or hot, w/ milk. those are good wholesome carbs. give up carbs elsewhere ... like have a salad instead of a sandwich at lunch.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    If you count net carbs, Fibre One has 25 gm of carb and 14 gm fibre so net 11 carbs and only 60 calories per 1/2 cup