Imitation Crab Ideas

Options
lolablitz
lolablitz Posts: 38 Member
I love imitation crab. It's a little embarassing how much I love it. It's cheap, fridge-stable and tastes good. I like eating it with avocado, sushi ginger and soy sauce. What do you love to do with it?

Replies

• Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I mix it with green onion & a tiny bit of Miracle whip & put in small pastry shells & put in oven for 15 min it's so good.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Buy some yuba from your local Asian market. It's the skin from the top of a batch of tofu. Wrap that around some krab, some cream cheese and a little avocado. Add some cucumber if you want a little crunch.

This reminds me, I haven't eaten it in forever and it's a great beer snack.
  • marinatan1982
    marinatan1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    mix it with cooked rice and canned sweet corn, add a bit of chopped sweet onions - surprisingly awesome.
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I created this one morning and now I eat it every morning, it's so good.

I fry two egg whites, put 4oz of imitation crab, 1/2 cup of canned peas and one slice of Kraft Chipotle White Cheddar Cheese on top. I also throw in some fresh garlic. This breakfast was all I had in my fridge one day, but now I am hooked. LOL

It sounds gross, but I did it on saturday morning when my husband was home and even HE wanted to eat it!

It's loaded with protein :)
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I eat it just like that! Its really good in salads, too!
  • brandibeech
    Options
    It's really good as Crab Cucumber dip. Chop imitation crab, chop cucumber, squeeze half lemon over it and sometimes I add little dill weed to bring out flavor. Eat it with pita chips or whatever. Easy and fat free!!
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    i mix with light mayo lemon juice salt and pepper on some bread!
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    It's really good as Crab Cucumber dip. Chop imitation crab, chop cucumber, squeeze half lemon over it and sometimes I add little dill weed to bring out flavor. Eat it with pita chips or whatever. Easy and fat free!!

This sounds really nice for summer! Will have to try the fried eggs /peas/etc also.
  • ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I make them into sandwiches too! I'd also add them into my fried rice. Also taste good on its own.
  • Levinia2013
    Levinia2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I mix it with mayo, onion sweet pepper, celery ,tomatoes, all dice one whole lemon hot pepper. great as a sandwich or with crackers.