Hi, I'm new - losing weight for wedding and also diabetic

Options
Hi!

I have joined a while ago but didn't have the time to browse properly so when I realised today how easy and helpful the food and exercise diary were, I started straight away filling them in.

I am getting married in December 2011 and I have to lose about 3.5 stones. I used to be a size 10-12 for a long time, then my job as a manager in the head office of a bank got so stressful that I was doing 8 til 8 everyday, with no lunch and in the evening I was so tired I used to get a taxi home from work. Then my fiance broke his ankle so we stayed in most of the time for about 4 months but forgot to eat less. So no wonder the pounds piled on.

I am also diabetic, on insulin, so being overweight is not good for me.

I have started losing weight on 1st April this year (and no, it wasn't an April's Fool) and I managed so far to lose 13 pounds (6 kg). I have set my goal at 1 lb / week and anything more is a bonus. I have to order my wedding dress in Jan / Feb next year so must lose all I can before then.

Hope this site will help me achieve my goal!

Replies

• tammyhoff2004
    Options
    Welcome Princess to MFP! :smile: I'm happy to see that you've made a life time change to be healthy. Being hypoglocemic myself, I know exactly what you are going through as I have to watch my sugar intake as well. :ohwell: I have a morning sugar level of about 80-90 every morning. :happy: I've never counted calories in my life and now know it's for my lifetime. I have received so much encouragement and support from MFP and their members. I've never been happier! I'm telling all my friends and family about it! I know you'll be a permanent member and God bless you on weight loss journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • VikingPrincess
    Options
    Hi and thanks! I used to manage a girl who is hypoglycaemic so I know all about it. Yes, i have also told friends and family, and my Mum, who lives abroad is following my progress by checking my food diary every day. I am quite happy I found MFP because it makes things sooo much easier, also it opened my eyes big style to some food I never thought had so many calories or sat fat!

I can't wait to see again in the mirror my old me from 2007/2008 (I just uploaded some pics)!

Thanks for your reply! xxx