How do I use the exercise database?

Options
I am new to fitness pal and am having difficulty logging my exercise in the log. I exercise at home and do exercises I have seen demonstrated on weight loss programs but I do not know the names. Is there a way to access the database without knowing the name of the exercise? Help please.

Replies

• Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    From the beginning,
    Click the excercise tab at the top,
    database
    then you will have 2 window thingys - on the left a search on the right you can select (under "or choose an exercise below: " )
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You could also try putting an * in the search field when you are adding an exercise. It seems to return a lot of exercises.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    If they are strength moves, try google or youtube to find the names & input it with reps, sets, weight.

It also depends on what kind of moves you are talking about. If you are talking about the cardio section of MFP Exercise, you could possibly put in "Calisthenics" or "Circuit training" with the amount of time spent, depending on which you think best fits what you've done. If they are more like yoga or pilates moves, then list it that way, with the time--no need to list every move for so-called "cardio" in MFP, only do that for weight/strength training.

eta: in any case, you don't HAVE to put it exactly. You can make your own and YOU'll know what it is. You could put "My kickbutt Monday workout" and as long as you know what it is, then fine. Or you could put "those squat and press dumbbells up thingies" and that'd be fine as long as YOU know. It's up to you.
  • ChristineRB225
    Options
    I can find the exercises I want to add but don't know how to add them to my personal exercise database. How do I do this? Thanks.