Workout clothes- What to wear?

Does anyone have any tips for this? The main issue I have is with my capris. I wear stretchy capris and big t-shirts to workout in, and it's fine when I'm walking, but whenever I start to run/jog they always slide down. I know they're not too big and I don't want anything too tight because I'm a bigger person and don't want my belly hanging out, but it's irritating to run while holding your pants up! It also keeps me from running more and I definitely use it as an excuse to stay at a slower speed. I know shorts would be lighter, but I've had this same issue with them. Any advice/ideas?

Replies

• DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Have you tried cropped jiggers, I wear them for running and they are great, not too tight to show anything you don't want and not too loose to fall down. Hope this helps :smile:
  • sarahbeth1629
    sarahbeth1629 Posts: 37 Member
    I've had the same problem. My favorite workout clothes are now a pair of capris that are a little tighter (not a lot), high waisted and have a really wide waist band. Those puppies don't budge until I make them :) And on oversized t-shirt or tanktop.
  • I got out a needle and altered my trousers. I don't know if you can do this but I chopped off the wide elastic waist band and sewed in some new much thinner elastic measured for my current size. Now they don't fall down on the treadmill (I only walk atm) and are much more comfortable. I didn't do a "professional" job but it works for me.
  • rCatheriner
    rCatheriner Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks everyone!

DMicheleC- I can't seem to find a website that sells those in the US. I think maybe it's a U.K. thing?

I'll have to try some tighter/higher-waisted capris. Are there specific brands that anyone likes?

As for sewing, maybe I could get my mom to do that for me, I'm not too handy with a needle :-p
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    My shorts have a draw string on them, I got them at sports authority