Need Some Help Here

Options
Hello- I'm Kristien and have been doing this for some time now with limited success. Can't seem to stay on track. Every time I get thrown a curve, I go off plan. And being 64 has it's metabolic challenges. One success is my exercise record- I've been doing interval aerobics for 1 hr. 3x a week- and I love it. Need some inspiration to keep me from overeating.

Replies

• csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Plan what you want to eat for the day and log it first. That way you will see if you have any wiggle room for extras. Plus, when I already know what I will be eating, I spend less time thinking about it. Good job with the exercise log! I am still working on that... Good luck!
  • kristien52
    kristien52 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And congratulations on losing 31lbs. Do you mind if I ask how long it took you to accomplish this? I think impatience is part of my problem.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I totally get the way you are feeling. I didn't feel (or see) success until I discovered the 17 day diet in conjunction with MFP. No you can't do it all in 17 days. I have been at it since July 2012. It's not one of those extreme diets but does take some discipline. I also started out by working out on my Wii Fit. I lost my first 40 lbs only using the wii fit. I did the yoga, step and bike run most of the time. Now I only use the Wii as a scale and the occasional amusement of seeing how fast I can do the fee run on the bike. I recently began doing an awesome kettlebell workout and try to ride my (real) bike or walk my dog more. I have begun noticing that somewhere under all of that weight I have some muscles. Change up the routine and good luck.
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am like you in that I get overwhelmed or something comes out of the blue and WHAM, I am heading for the chips, chocolate or ice cream. What has been working for me is to stop and think, "Is this REALLY going to make me feel better/help my situation?" Sometimes I still think, "I don't care" but try to pick a healthier version, ie, baked chips and in a single serving bag. Also, every day I start out knowing that for this day only I can give my all, do my best to reach my goals. For some reason, if I only think about THIS day it makes it easier to stay on track and deal with my aggravations, mood swings, duldrums, etc... Hope that helps you. You can always send me a message if you need to "talk" too. :) I would love to be your friend.
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I totally get the way you are feeling. I didn't feel (or see) success until I discovered the 17 day diet in conjunction with MFP. No you can't do it all in 17 days. I have been at it since July 2012. It's not one of those extreme diets but does take some discipline. I also started out by working out on my Wii Fit. I lost my first 40 lbs only using the wii fit. I did the yoga, step and bike run most of the time. Now I only use the Wii as a scale and the occasional amusement of seeing how fast I can do the fee run on the bike. I recently began doing an awesome kettlebell workout and try to ride my (real) bike or walk my dog more. I have begun noticing that somewhere under all of that weight I have some muscles. Change up the routine and good luck.

Exercise DOES really work at relieving stress and elevating the mood doesn't it? Also the weight loss does too. :wink:
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I log everything on paper i have a food journal and and keep with me and that way if i dont have time during the day to log on here i do at night when things are settled might help just keep pluggi ng away trust me we are all there feel free to add me ..