Where do you call home?

Options

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i live in the very beautiful mountains of North Carolina...

i grew up in the piedmont (Lexington to be exact, on the outskirts of Winston-Salem, cancer capitol of the world.)

i went off to college in a small town called Cullowhee that is waaaaay in the middle of the mountains an hour at least away from any big city(Asheville NC, an hour away, is where we go if we need a big box store (except for the devil among all box stores, walmart, there is one right here in our tiny college town..)

That is where we met, bought our house and still live today!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    i live in the very beautiful mountains of North Carolina...

i grew up in the piedmont (Lexington to be exact, on the outskirts of Winston-Salem, cancer capitol of the world.)

i went off to college in a small town called Cullowhee that is waaaaay in the middle of the mountains an hour at least away from any big city(Asheville NC, an hour away, is where we go if we need a big box store (except for the devil among all box stores, walmart, there is one right here in our tiny college town..)

That is where we met, bought our house and still live today!

I was born when my parents went off to college in a small town called Cullowhee. :) I grew up at the foot of the very beautiful mountains of North Carolina in a little community called Green Creek then a couple of years in Rutherfordton, North Carolina. When hubby was in the Air Force we lived in Mississippi, Texas, and England. Now we are back in NC but a county east in a TINY town called Lattimore.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Biloxi Mississippi is my home. Left after Hurricane Katrina.
    I miss it! :sad:
    I will be back one day! :bigsmile:

Lived there for 6 months when hubby was in tech school at Keesler. Wasn't sorry to leave - the mosquitoes almost ate me alive there!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I grew up in the Chicago area, but I have now lived over half my life in Austin, Tx.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Home is Tennessee, Born in knoxville, lived there til age 12, moved to Jamestown (fentress co.) and now have lived in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada ( right outside of Toronto) for the past 8 years with hubby and kids. Tennessee will always be home :heart:
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :smile: Born in York Maine, married and moved a whole 5 miles down the road to Kittery Maine, where I'll be probably forever. Very beautiful here on the coast!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Born in Tacoma, WA, spent the last 16 years living all over Texas, and now I'm in North Carolina!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Native Virginian, born and bred, going back centuries to the first settlers on my mom's side.

Lived in Jax, Florida/Bay area of CA/and near Memphis TN/ and then 14 years in NC (my dad's family goes back hundreds of years in that area).

Now I live on the coast of VA.
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    New York!

However, I'm currently living in Southern Indiana, close to Louisville, KY.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Opelika, Alabama

Grew up in Augusta, GA, but have been in Alabama for 11 years.
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Born in Sandusky Ohio, Grew up in Milford Michigan from 3rd grade to age 37 then moved to Sharpsburg, Ga. for the last 14 years. I love the weather here in Georgia. I have to admit that my first few summers here I thought the heat would kill me but now I am used to it and I love it.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    PARKER, SOUTH DAKOTA....really try to find that on the map! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Born and raised on a gorgeous small island in N.Fla. Amelia Island, aligators, banana trees, vines to swing on, lovely. Moved to Atlanta as an adult, moved to Leicester, England for three years, returned to Atlanta 6 months ago...it's HOT HERE!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Biloxi Mississippi is my home. Left after Hurricane Katrina.
    I miss it! :sad:
    I will be back one day! :bigsmile:

Lived there for 6 months when hubby was in tech school at Keesler. Wasn't sorry to leave - the mosquitoes almost ate me alive there!

:laugh: :laugh: Yea, bugspray is our perfume!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Home right now is Italy....a little village near the city of Ferrara..........born in Michigan.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Born in Tacoma, WA, spent the last 16 years living all over Texas, and now I'm in North Carolina!!

OMG....did you MOVE????? I had no idea? Congrats! I hope you LOVE it :smile:
  • anewbeginning
    anewbeginning Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    42151.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I will always consider Long Island, New York my "Home". I've lived in central Florida for the past 11 years but am truly a New Yorker at heart. :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Born in Idaho (NO JOKES:angry: )

Lived almost everywhere (military)

Got stuck in Indiana :sick:

You too? :indifferent:

*sigh
    yess'um
    at least we have THE best football team in the whole world ..hehe
    You in indianapolis? I'm the city south of you. A rockin' cool place called Greenwood.
    [/quote]

OMG!!! You are like 3 miles south of me. I live in downtown, near i70!! I work at Methodist Hospital.!

Yea, the Colts lucked out. I'm a Pats fan (from NE, makes for interesting conversation!)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    The Emerald Coast!!! I love being near the water wherever that may be, I don't want my gills to dry out!

m_d8aee403053b9ad9e9a99f17dadfeac6.jpg
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. Moved to Colorado for a while, then California for 8 years, then Texas for a short stint. Now in New Hampshire for the past 12 years.