My introduction weight loss video blog!

Options
I started a weight loss video blog on YouTube today, it's basically an introduction one.
Anyone else doing this currently?

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VBX6SFHfE (copy and paste).

What do you all think?

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    First off, I think you're pretty brave to do something like this--putting yourself out in the public eye is a big thing when so many people are willing to judge you solely on how you look without knowing what it's like (as you said in your video). Kudos to you!

I just wanted to point out that you don't have to be an awesome cook to not be dependent on frozen dinners. It's super-easy to make nice, healthy soups that are filling that you can freeze in portions and take to heat up wherever you go (literally, throw a bunch of veggies and some stock in a pot, add beans for protein, simmer for a bit, then portion out). It's also really easy to make a variety of soups using the same base but adding different flavours at the last minute (to a basic vegetable stock, add salsa and black beans for a Mexican flavour, or ginger and soy for an Asian-style soup). Bring along pre-cut veggies and some whole-grain bread if you're not cutting carbs and you've got a fast, healthy lunch that's better than the processed stuff. (Don't worry, though, I also love the convenience of grabbing a fast meal from the freezer when I don't want to cook!)

Good luck with your journey and keep up the video blogging!!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Great job! I will definitely be following you :) I have to agree I think you are brave for putting yourself out there! I have been so afraid of being in the public eye because we(overweight) females are judge so much by the way we look.

Good for you and good luck :)
  • CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I subscribed to you. You are SO brave!

I keep my fitness blog on blogger:

http://revsmetaphor.blogspot.com/

I have that same problem with my fat cells producing too much estrogen too.

I bought a cook book and have been teaching myself to cook (Like from Julie and Julia.) I have the link to the cook book I'm working from on my blog.

I look forward to more vblogs!
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I subscribed to you as well (same username as I use here). Good luck--can't wait to see your progress!!
  • Ashl3yS
    Ashl3yS Posts: 64
    Options
    Good luck. I love the idea of the videos! Makes it a bit more personal. Good luck on the rest of your journey.