Helllpppp! This is going to be one tough week!

Options
Okay so last week I started weight watchers and yesterday was my weigh i day and i lost 4.4. Now this week I want to stay on track and I feel like i have 10 million obstacles i'm not going to know how to deal with for the week. Okay for today my dad is taking everyone out for dinner and i'm bad at knowing what and how much to eat when I go to a restaurant and if everyone's ordering dessert and I just never know what to do. I would not eat at the place and eat before or after but then my dad gets pissed and orders me something anyways so that's not an option.

Next is monday, we're going over my aunt's house for a family picnic. I know there's going to be hambergers so i have no problem counting that but i don't know what else will be there and I don't know how tempted i'll be to just binge out on everything in front of me :(

The last one is on Friday i'm going to a yankee game. I'm assuming i'm going out for dinner and then to the game and last time my dad kept ordering me food while i was at the game after we just ate. ( I don't know why becuase he's always been obsessed with my weight and screamed and verball/emotionally abused me for it until my mom divorced him and now he tries to act nice)

I just need some advice on how to stick to what i'm doing becuase SATURDAY is my weigh in day so my yankee game friday is going to be the last death of me.

Replies

• daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to order grilled chicken on both occasions going out to dinner, either the sandwich or a salad, both are usually lower in calories. When you go to the bbq at your aunts house, make sure you bring a veggie or a fruit tray, that way you are contributing to the food and also making sure that you have healthy snacks to munch on before and with dinner.

Keep your goal in mind and keep telling yourself you want a loss on Saturday and not a gain and that will also help keep you on track :)
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I agree with ordering grilled chicken or a salad when you go out to eat if you're worried about it. For the bbq, just try to keep yourself away from food that might be a trigger for bingeing. If you find yourself walking to it, walk away. However, if I were you, I would just enjoy the two days and get back on track after them.
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Let's see if I can help. :wink:

For eating out... I always check online for calories. Many restaurants will show calories for meals nowadays, sometimes online or even on the menu itself. If it doesn't show, I just take a guess. A guess is better than not logging at all (at least in my opinion).

As for the picnic...I'm actually going to a family picnic tomorrow too! And food is usually very good! So I always try a little of everything. I don't obsess about counting calories when I'm eating though. What fun would that be? And I'd be miserable the entire time. So what I do is I'll have a light breakfast and save my calories for the picnic. After the picnic, I'll figure out how many calories were eaten and then whatever is leftover is dinner. If I'm out of calories, I'll go for a walk or do Zumba to add calories.

For the game... I guess I don't eat out a lot, but when I do, I try to not overdo it. Would you be able to talk to your dad about your new eating habits?? I know a few years back when I tried dieting, my family was tempting me left and right. I guess it's easier now because I don't live at home anymore. I'm able to cook my own food and make my own choices without everyone's opinion being factored into it...

I guess I'd say just be honest with your dad about what you want and don't want and maybe hold your ground? I know it's tough. When I lived with my parents, we argued a lot over my new eating habit... I'm sorry I'm probably not much help with this. I tend to get stubborn and then avoid my parents until they understand that I'm being serious and if they want me to come over, then they need to respect my decisions. Good luck!