Need some inspiration?

Options
So my hubby hates walking (I love it...and running/stepping/aerobics/folk dancing, etc...) but decided that he hates biking less, so we bought bikes a few months ago. We've been riding a few times a week. This morning, we got up at 6AM (already an amazing thing - LOL!) before the MAJOR HEAT started and did a REALLY HARD route - the first 35 minutes were practically all uphill! (The rest was level/downhill - like a prize for our efforts - with an uphill at the end.) I didn't think I could do it but I did!!! AMAZING!

It's funny - recently I didn't think I could run outside - away from the "safety and privacy" of my treadmill, but my friend encouraged me to run outside with her and I did...with great success! Now this biking route - another success!

I guess sometimes you just have to DO IT - jump in and make up your mind that you're going to do it and you CAN and WHEN you do, it's just great! You can apply this to anything - weight loss, exercise, anything!

Hey - I'm 48 years old - if I can do it...so can you!!!

Much success to everyone on this journey!

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that gave me alot of inspiration i"m 48 and got a lot of weight to lose and with every step i will takes takes me closer to all my goals
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    That's awesome! Sounds like your having fun too :)
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Wonderful.......I always say I am trying to think and act like a skinny girl.......................I love to sneak in extra exercise of different types.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thats was inspirational :)

I was thinking of getting bikes for a few days now, but after reading your post I feel like going and buying them right away LOL

• davidh53
    davidh53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging. I just joined here but doing a variety of activities seems to be working for me.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!