What does your last 20 pounds look like?

Options
jbpretty
jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
I'm in the process of losing the last 20 pounds. I'm just wondering if you could share any photos you might have which show before-and-afters of your last 20ish pounds. I'd like to see what the difference might look like. Also, if you are willing to share any of your personal stats (height, weight, clothing size, gender, etc.) and the method in which you did it (cardio, diet only, weights, etc.) that would be wonderful.

Thanks, Jamie

Replies

• biddleboom
    biddleboom Posts: 8
    Options
    Bump! I'd also like to see this, since I'm also working on my last 20 pounds.

And Jamie, I have to ask - is Pretty your last name?? :)
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Jamie--stats, 5'11" SW 216, CW 202, male. starting waist 43, current waist 38. My goal was to lose 20 pounds. Started in February and am down 14 total. Changed food intake slightly--less processed foods, fast food is gone, and very little white's(pasta, bread, etc.)--I can tell you the last pounds will take time and it is the way to do it--lifestyle and habitt changes ought to occur over months and even years in order to be able to maintain your weight. Hope this helps--
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Interested in pics as well as i'm also working on my last 15-20.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i got 13 left but i know mine wont change much
  • sun_ny
    sun_ny Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, ive lost 22 pounds and am getting to quite a happy stage with my weight now, i have pictures in my profile - feel free to add me. It has taken me almost 6 months to lose the weight. Best of luck to u all - u can do it, its worth it :)
  • becca53088
    becca53088 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump! I'm on my last 20 or so also!
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    same here -- last 17 to go , need to start toning...heaviest weight was 243, started MFP last august at 214 lbs, current weight 167..good job and congrats on your success
  • jbpretty
    Options
    1zacmat~Thanks for the info. You started in February? That doesn't seem too long, long enough I guess. I've been battling this 20 pounds for what seems like forever. To be honest though, I'm only now putting in the effort I think is required. It's back to running for me. :)

andreamelo~I'm hoping the last 20 pounds make a big difference! Maybe even the biggest difference out of any 20 pounds that I've lost.

sun_ny~Thanks for the encouragement!

edalton2570~Congratulations on your success! Pictures?

biddleboom~Yup!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICTURES (thoughts)??!!! Just looking for a little motivation. :)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is what my last 20 looks like. 20 more to go and I'll be where I'd like to be!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi! We have the same start weight :)

I've lost 20 lbs over the past year, yup, I was in the 150s last May and now I'm in the 130s. :happy: I'd like to lose another 5-10 lbs of fat but I'm trying to not care if that takes me another year :wink:

For the past year, I've been doing a 2-4 days per week of cardio and 3-4 days per week of lifting, and a couple days walking or hiking when the weather cooperates. I've been eating around 1700-2200 calories, averaging around 1900, for most of the past year.

Sorry I don't have any pics I feel comfortable sharing on here from my last 20 lbs.... I can tell you that I felt amazing in the 150s and I feel even more amazing in the 130s. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi! We have the same start weight :)

I've lost 20 lbs over the past year, yup, I was in the 150s last May and now I'm in the 130s. :happy: I'd like to lose another 5-10 lbs of fat but I'm trying to not care if that takes me another year :wink:

For the past year, I've been doing a 2-4 days per week of cardio and 3-4 days per week of lifting, and a couple days walking or hiking when the weather cooperates. I've been eating around 1700-2200 calories, averaging around 1900, for most of the past year.

Sorry I don't have any pics I feel comfortable sharing on here from my last 20 lbs.... I can tell you that I felt amazing in the 150s and I feel even more amazing in the 130s. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

Thank you, needed this! I'm in the 150s and feel awesome so im looking forward to feeling even MORE awesome :)
  • jbpretty
    Options
    NovemberJune~thanks for sharing. It's great to hear how people are losing the last 20 pounds and their attitude towards it. No worries about the picture.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't share what you want but I have to say. Wow you look great! Super job. 90 lbs down is incredible. I still have almost 40 to go & have never taken pics so I can't share those. I started in Feb this time through & am down to my half way point ( 38.5 down)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You can't really compare your last 20 pounds to someone elses. Body composition is going to be very different based on many factors.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Love this thread.. I'll post mine cause I really always aimed to just lose 20lbs. I've lost 17 in 5 months but the difference is obvious. Can't believe I used to be this big.. I am 5'6", 164lbs now. I focus mostly on getting in key macros (protein) as I lift heavy. Believe it or not, I now eat atleast 2000 cals a day.. strength training? Eat more to weigh less (and have less fat on your body).

I started with 30DS every day except a few here and there for two months, moved on to kettlebells/fitness classes at the Y. March, I started Stronglifts 5x5, now I still do Stronglifts 5x5 but have started Couch to 5K just so I can say I've accomplished something else I never thought I would (and great stress relief). I play soccer on the weekends at the YMCA and if my schedule allows during the week, I still do fitness classes at the Y. Hope that helps

Jan 8/Day 8 (181.5 lbs, 32%BF)
    47fc45fd-1b69-425c-a388-4ff3ddd9e105_zps6e71f3d2.jpg

Wearing a bathing suit for the first time in my life on May 19 (Day 139?) (164.5lbs, 21%BF):
    4f0497fa-2c95-4377-86ab-a2f8e7f5bbbc_zpsc8824c46.jpg

19593344_384.jpg
  • jbpretty
    Options
    Dixiewhiskey~you've done great! Thanks for sharing. I think this is motivating. Seeing people lose that last 20 pounds or their only 20ish pounds shows me that it IS possible. I'm hoping that the last 20 pounds will make a great difference. :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of losing the last 20 pounds. I'm just wondering if you could share any photos you might have which show before-and-afters of your last 20ish pounds. I'd like to see what the difference might look like. Also, if you are willing to share any of your personal stats (height, weight, clothing size, gender, etc.) and the method in which you did it (cardio, diet only, weights, etc.) that would be wonderful.

Thanks, Jamie

I'm 5' 8", SW 277 pounds, CW 167, start clothing size was busting out of a 24 / 3X and current is a size 8 / 10, obviously I'm female :laugh: I did an old fashioned healthy weight loss. Healthy diet, cardio and lift heavy. I lost my weight in exactly one year all natural. I'm struggling with the last 15 pounds. Won't budge.

Profile pictures will show you before and afters
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My profile picture it me now at 155 lbs. I have 20 lbs left to go to reach my goal of 135. I am 5'6.5" I am now fitting into a size 8 pants and usually a large shirts still but some mediums. I hope this helps. I am assuming that after the last 20 lbs I will end up in a size 6 pants and a medium shirt but idk perhaps a size 4... Good luck!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Dixiewhiskey~you've done great! Thanks for sharing. I think this is motivating. Seeing people lose that last 20 pounds or their only 20ish pounds shows me that it IS possible. I'm hoping that the last 20 pounds will make a great difference. :)

Thank you! I am glad you made this thread cause there is a lot of focus on losing 100's of lbs but not many on what amazing difference can be made just losing 15 or 20lbs! I know you will do great, keep on keeping on my dear!
  • hotkat704
    hotkat704 Posts: 12
    Options
    How have you been loosing the weight? Your before and after pictures look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!