Over 40 Looking For Like-Minded Friends

Options
I've been on MFP for almost two months now and would love to meet others who are committed to making a healthy life-style change. I'm 46 and I have well over 100 pounds to lose. I'm determined to do this the old-fashion way: eating healthy and becoming more active. For me it's not just a matter of losing weight but rather creating a healthier life-style that will last a life time. In my short time here, I've learned that simply staying under the calorie goal is not the same as making healthy food choices AND staying under the calorie goal. I'd really like to become friends with those who are committed to both. No fad diets or gimmicks, just a realistic approach to becoming healthy.

Replies

• GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.
  • MammasMeltdown
    Options
    Thank you! This is going to be a long journey and the more the merrier!
  • jnico48
    jnico48 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi like you im trying to change old habits and create new healthier ones. I have over100 pounds to loose but ready to work for it
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Happy to be your friend, however, I like to eat whatever I fancy as long as its in my calorie allowance .
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    You can friend me if you'd like!:flowerforyou:
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    I am 41 and have 80 or so to go. I have been on a plateau and on the up swing for 6 months, but I am still logging daily. I get in a walk every day and try to do a variety of work outs every week. Watch for my daily challenges!

Add me if you want :)
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    Hey there! I have been here for 10 months, and am in it for the long haul. :smile: Feel free to add me!
  • judmbr
    judmbr Posts: 2
    Options
    It my first day here I started my fitness pal Thursday and would like some supportive friends as I could do the same for you.
  • judmbr
    judmbr Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow You have lost a lot in 10 months what would you say has been some good, helping points for you to share with others who are just starting out. Thanks
  • LovesSimplicity
    LovesSimplicity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your mfp friend! I've just joined today, and have about 70 lbs that I'd like to lose. I, too, just want to do things the right way, eating healthier and being more active. I was a member of another site, and found that it wasn't quite what I wanted. I am hoping to use this site as a source of encouragement and also as a way to learn to change my habits.
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    Wow You have lost a lot in 10 months what would you say has been some good, helping points for you to share with others who are just starting out. Thanks

I started out at 320 lbs. When you have that much to lose, alot does come off quickly. Now I'm to the point that I really have to fight for it, ha. The only "tips" I really have are to eat healthy and move your body! It always comes down to that! :smile:
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    sent a couple requests...I like an ever growing MPF family. Welcome