Just want to lose a few pounds

Options
It is hard to relate to a lot of people on this program. So many have awesome, life changing success stories to share about losing 10 pounds, 20, 30, 150... I am not unhappy with my body really, I just want to scrape off a couple pounds and get a little healthier, as well as get summer sexy. No one in my life thinks I need to lose weight, and I don't think I really need to either, so its hard to find motivation from others. However, half of my favorite clothes are too small, and I feel really self-conscious.

Are there others like me out there that can relate to how I want my weight loss to go?

Replies

• eileenm777
    eileenm777 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi - I totally hear you! I have about 8 lbs to go and many people are saying, "You look great, don't lose any more weight." I also have a few clothes that are too snug to wear and want to get into. I do exercise a lot, which helps!
    I've been using the Nike Training Club and taking longer and longer runs. Seems to help!
    Logging calories on my phone has really helped. I log in mistakes, etc., so I can see the pattern of over-eating.
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! Just a couple pounds to go here. Feel free to add me.
    Lindsey
  • getrealforme
    Options
    I'm with you. I just need to lose a few pounds, and tone up. I don't like how some of my clothes fit. I got Jillian Michaels Body Revolution to tone, build muscle, and lose a few pounds. Love this program, because is is only 30 minutes a day, and you get great results if you put the work in.
  • ChatoGuy
    ChatoGuy Posts: 8
    Options
    Joining the group here with a similar story. I used to run quite a bit. 15-20 races a year with some 15K, half marathons and 1 marathon thrown in for good measure. Then I moved to an area of the UK which is all hills! I seemed to have lost my urge to run (which was mostly on the flat). However, with superb motivation by my lovely wife Chatogal, I am back into it and hoping to shed those last pounds.