How many eggs do you hardboil, and what do you keep them in?

Options
gostumpy
gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
I've been cooking ~10 eggs at a time, and keeping them in two tupperware containers... Wonder how many you guys make at a time? They're great for egg salad sandwich/wrap or just egg salad... as well I love to just cut em in half with some salt & pepper eat em up :) The 10 is usually gone in 2 or 3 days...

Would they be good for 5+ days in the fridge after cooking?

What's your routine??

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I've been cooking ~10 eggs at a time, and keeping them in two tupperware containers... Wonder how many you guys make at a time? They're great for egg salad sandwich/wrap or just egg salad... as well I love to just cut em in half with some salt & pepper eat em up :) The 10 is usually gone in 2 or 3 days...

Would they be good for 5+ days in the fridge after cooking?

What's your routine??

I prefer them fresh tbh.

INB4 EGGS ARE BAD
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't know man.

I just kind of fry them up and eat them.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Uhhmm..
    I suppose if you keep them in their shells in the fridge they should be okay for more than 5 days.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Eggs are the devil

DAMMIT, too late!!!!!
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I usualy boil 8 and keep them in the fridge in the shell I eat 2 a day so 4-5 days is good I wouldn't leave it more than that.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Uhhmm..
    I suppose if you keep them in their shells in the fridge they should be okay for more than 5 days.

i'll do a whole carton and they're usually gone in less than a week.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i boil 3 at a time. That' way they're eaten within 3 days. After that, they taste well, stale. It doesn't take that long to boil 3 more.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I've kept hard boiled eggs in the fridge for over a week and a half, and they were still perfectly fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I usually just boil them as I need them, because I like them warm and the microwave does odd explode-y things to them.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I boil the entire dozen. I keep them right in their shell until ready to eat. I've read they'll keep up to 10 day as long as they aren't cracked (I always make it a point to eat the cracked ones first). But I eat at least 2/day so I never need to worry about them hanging around. I also purchased red ceremic egg "cartons" from target to keep them in (I have laying hens, so I always have dozens of eggs on hand) and this helps to prevent me from confusing them with an uncooked dozen! lol
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I make them when I need them.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    I do no more than 4 at a time because I end up eating them all if I'm not careful.
    And I normally do eat them all. I like them freshly cooked.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i have boiled 8 at a time, kept them in the shell in the fridge for 4-5 days and they have been fine.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i do 4 to 6 at a time. if i have no time in the morn, ill boil em the night before but thats it. i likes em fresh too!! i usually eat 3 or 4 at a time, mostly just the whites but i do some yolk because its good for your skin!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I bake mine a dozen at a time and usually keep them 3-4 days and do this twice a week. Any longer than 3-4 days, the texture changes and they don't taste well. I keep them peeled in a Tupperware bowl in the fridge.
  • cardiophile
    cardiophile Posts: 38
    Options
    I like to boil 6 or so, remove the shells and throw them into a jar of pickle or pepperoncini juice to pickle them. The sodium isn't spectacular, but it is so yummy and makes the hard boiled egg slightly firmer which is more appetizing to me. Takes only a day or so to slightly pickle the egg.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I do 12 - 13 at a time, depending on how many I can fit in the pan.

I don't keep them for more than 2-3 days because they get eaten rather quickly. I don't see why hard boiled eggs can't be kept for a few days in the fridge though. I keep them in a bowl. Maybe I should hide them so other people in the family don't see them and I get to eat more lol.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I boil a dozen at a time. They will keep for weeks, but don't usually last long as we eat at least three per day. Duck eggs ( I don't buy chicken eggs at all while my ducks are laying) will keep just fine for 6 weeks, uncooked, due to the thicker shells. Five days for chicken eggs? Probably more like twice that. No problem. Eggs are not as perishable as everybody seems to think. Check out Backyardchickens.com for details. To tell whether raw eggs are still good, put them in water. If they float, discard them. If they sink or end up a third or halfway to the bottom, they're good. What makes eggs go bad is the amount of air that permeates the shell.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I only cook 2-3 at the time and eat them the same day or the following.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    first of all before you throw away my response please consider there are nine people in my house

I boil 3-4doz a time and I throw some onion skin in there so that it dyes the eggs so that everybody knows which ones are raw and which ones are boiled 3 dozen usually last about a week and my housethey actually can stay fresh in the shell for about two weeks mine never last that long
    Quick eggs sammich or deviled with a dab of sriracha sauce. Delish...