Seriously one of the best treats I've tasted in a while...

Options
My mom got this idea from one of the members in her weight watchers group, and it has been my lifesaver when I'm craving ice cream or something at night.

-Take a banana, and cut it down the middle lengthwise and then in half so that it'll be in fourths.
-Put 1 tsp of natural peanut butter on each piece... this can be a tricky task due to the two textures... but what my mom does is she'll put peanut butter in a sandwich bag, cut a small whole in the corner, and squirt a line on the banana slice (like how you squeeze out cake frosting)
-Squirt a few drizzles of Hershey's chocolate syrup over the pieces.
-Freeze for a few hours.

Hope you guys enjoy! :]

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tatsy treat idea. Ice cream has been my downfall lately. I've switched to frozen yogurt to avoid some of the calories and fat. I'll have to give this a try.
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    This sounds great! Thank you for sharing.
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    Yum! If you like this you should try the banana ice cream that was posted a few weeks ago. You just slice a banana, freeze it, then put it in a food processor or blender until it's creamy. It comes ot like soft-serve or you can freeze it a little more. I added a little peanut butter and it was delish! I'm considering adding milk or yogurt to turn it into a pb/banana shake (my fave!). I think it was posed as one ingredient ice cream if you want to find the original post.
  • StaceysPaige
    Options
    That sounds mmm....good!!!
    I will try that next, keep the recipes coming:love:
  • jackflash007
    Options
    Mmmm, sounds worth a try :happy: Thanx
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream is not bad, 87 cal for a stick / lolly and not at etc!!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My mom used to do something kinda similar as a substitute for smores, same idea, but wrap i tn foil and grill ove the campfire. Makes the chocolate and peanut butter super gooey
  • kmulhollen
    Options
    So excited to try this. Bet my kids would also like it!

Seriously, can you wrap them in foil and heat over the camp fire?! Doesn't it all stick to the tin foil?

Thanks for the ideas! I usually splurge and eat an occasional s'more in the microwave but this sounds like a fun thing to do.
  • amyl11
    amyl11 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love peanut butter and bananas. I put a tablespoon or two of peanut butter in a shallow dish and microwave it for a few seconds (maybe 30 sec on 40% power?); the peanut butter is soft enough to dip the banana into it or pour over the banana. Also, if you freeze the banana then pour the melted peanut butter over it it kind of sets up like Magic Shell. I can pretend anyway... :smile:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Seriously, can you wrap them in foil and heat over the camp fire?! Doesn't it all stick to the tin foil?

Nope never had a sticker, we'd use the foil as a plate since the chocolate and PB get gooey and liquidy. Banana gets soft and caramel-ly.....
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Yummmmm!!!!!
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    Bump!
  • kimsy1222
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for the tip!
  • somethingvague
    Options
    Had to bump this back up to say - Oh my god! I made this the other night and it is amazing.(and super easy) The only thing I changed was instead of chocolate syrup I just grated some dark chocolate on top. I just eat a quarter at a time and it really satisfies my after dinner sweet tooth!

Thanks for the recipe!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Only 3 WW points for me!

Thanks for this idea. I’m going to try it by mixing PB2 and cocoa powder to spread on the banana so it will be only 3 WW points for 2 tbsp + 1 banana compared to regular peanut butter and banana which would be 6 WW points.

FYI: PB2 if you haven’t heard of this genius product is powdered peanut butter that’s 85% less fat/calories than regular pb. It tastes just like natural pb once you mix it with a tbsp of water and so easy to toss into a smoothie or Asian pasta dishes. It also comes in chocolate flavour so I could avoid mixing cocoa if I had bought that one, next time I will!
  • somaja
    somaja Posts: 21
    Options
    Where do you get the PB2?
  • fitterpam
    Options

Nope never had a sticker, we'd use the foil as a plate since the chocolate and PB get gooey and liquidy. Banana gets soft and caramel-ly.....

Need to correct this made it tonight and one critical fact was missed in the original post. Leave the banana in it's skin - slice right throuhg it. Hence the no sticker part...LOL Sorry