wkends n family events slowing down progress anyone else?

Options
Being out at all these family functions making it tough to count plus trying not to overeat anyone else?

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    I totally agree. Plus, being out of town most weekends makes fitting in time for exercise almost impossible. I just track what I can, and try to eat in moderation for the most part.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes! Currently waiting for people to leave my house so I can workout!!!
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Do you use the mobile app? That seems to help me when I am away from home. Cookout season is hear so I usually cook lean meats or Salmon on the grill, of course the kids want hot dogs and hamburgers which is ok too, but i dont eat that.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I am struggling hard core! People say "just don't eat it" but it is so much harder than that when you are so addicted to food! The way I am successful at home is to keep it all out of the house. If we go out to eat I can plan ahead and order without even looking at a menu to get tempted. But at someone's house, full of unpredictable homemade goodness....shew.

Good luck to us all, maybe after Memorial Day we can make it 'till the 4th at least! :smile:
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    YES!!

So far this year, I've attended a baby shower, a bridal shower, a wedding, a confirmation and 6 birthday parties for family members, and in an Italian family, these events involve a bit more than just cake. I'm sure I've forgotten something.

There is still a baptism, a graduation, a retirement/65th bday, an 80th birthday and an endless number of other random family birthdays.

There's also weekends at the cottage and taking advantage of the warm weather on patios while it's here to enjoy.

How do i deal? I don't. :laugh: It's part of life and something that will never change. I've come to terms that my weight loss will always be slow and am just happy it's happening at all after years of weight gain.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    It used to but I don't let it any more. I bring healthy choices with me or just buy what I need to make them when I'm there, I also throw my resistance bands in my suitcase and my runners as well. I can always head out for a late night walk or early run when I want. And depending where I go I use the mobile app, there's no wifi at the in-laws so I go without there.
  • oowyrakcaj
    oowyrakcaj Posts: 24
    Options
    Weekends are normally fine for me. What gets me is music festivals - I've done two this month - and gigs in general. I drink a lot more beer than usual and because I'm rushing to get to different places, I tend to eat quick, filling, bad for me food. Thankfully I don't have any more until August, so I can get the ball rolling again!!
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It's def. hard but from what I'm figuring out is you have to have the will power and eat what you know is good for you. That's what I'm doing. good luck :)
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    My 6 year old and friends coming back soon got to fire up the grill....grilling some of my favorites cheeseburgers and hot dogs gotta have willpower today!
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    I have had a similar schedule...week after week...and I have an Italian family too...no big eaters here. The other tough obstacle red wine. Not a big drinker but like a couple of glasses on the weekends with food.....but it makes me even more hungry!