Delicious Wild Salmon with Blueberry Glaze

Options
Kaecklund
Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
I made this last night and it was wonderful (made with my own wild blueberry jam)!

Salmon:
1 1/2 lb. Wild salmon
1 Tbsp butter
Enough lemon juice to cover the bottom of the baking dish
Pepper

Blueberry Glaze:
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp Blueberry preserves

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put butter and just enough lemon juice to cover bottom of a shallow pyrex baking dish.
3. Put in oven until butter is melted.
4. Wash salmon and cut into serving pieces.
5. Place in baking dish with skin side down, sprinkle with pepper and bake for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes.
6. Glaze: whisk vinegar and raspberry preserves until well blended.
7. Set aside.
8. To remove skin, slide a spatula under the fillet and the skin will remain in the baking dish.
9. Place on serving plate and drizzle with glaze.

Serves 4
Calories: 204
Carbs: 8
Fat: 7
Protein: 29
Fiber: 0
Sodium: 428

Hope you enjoy!

Kelly

Replies

• dionewfg
    Options
    Man alive. That sounds heavenly. I will definitely try this one and let you know what I think. Thanks.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I second that! Will be shooting for this for next week!...thank you for sharing it!
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The great thing is it's super healthy, super easy, and SUPER DELICIOUS! With a side of steamed broccoli and a glass of red wine.. heavenly :) You can try it with raspberry preserves, or whatever you like! Yum! I suppose you could even thicken it up by using more preserves/less vinegar, but it will be sweeter... or maybe cornstarch, cooking over the stove... Let me know what you think, or if you came up with a better recipe!
  • sandee1956
    Options
    Sounds yummy!:smile:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Gonna hafta try this! :smile:
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Can you just send your recipes straight to me? This sounds awesome and I will be trying it...