33 pounds down!

Options
ckemmis
ckemmis Posts: 51 Member
Before my wedding last year, I wanted nothing more to look like the perfect bride. I started exercising on a regular bases, and I was able to lose about 12 pounds before our wedding. I was ecstatic. I've always been on the bigger size, even as a child I was always teased about my weight and compared to my much smaller younger sister. At my highest weight I was at 238 (holy moly batman!).

Being a full time student, part time (sometimes full time) employee, and a wife, I haven't always made the time to work out. From the few months before my wedding to Christmas, I managed to lose 33 pounds in total and went down 1-2 sizes in pants. I'm smaller now than when I graduated high school! Every time my family and friends saw me they would tell me how great I look, and let's face it, those compliments are like crack, I would blush and stutter, but I loved getting them and wanted more. Those were my motivation.

This past semester I started working full time as well as going to school and I didn't make time to go to the gym, the only good thing to come out of this was that I didn't gain any weight. Now, I'm graduating college in a little less than a year, and I would love nothing more than to lose 50 pounds in those 52 weeks. Currently, I'm at 205 pounds, again, the smallest I've been since high school, I'm pretty sure I was at least 10-15 pounds heavier at graduation. I know this won't be easy, I know it's going to suck some days, but I can't wait to be healthier, I'm proud of what I've managed to do so far and I can't wait to see what else I'm capable of!

Replies

• LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 33 lbs! Sounds like you have a great attitude to continue your journey. Good luck.
  • Abo1995
    Abo1995 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The first bits the hardest and you've already achieved that- Just getting on the weight loss bandwagon is an achievement in itself. The fact that you haven't put weight on recently is also a good sign that you eat mindfully.
    It's not going to be easy but it can be so much fun and if you need anything advice or just someone too talk to i'd be happy to do so. Good luck!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be proud and with that attitude I'm sure you will do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!