Pregnant-hungry all the time, healthy snack ideas?

Options
Hi everyone,

The title basically sums up everything I want to say. I'm in my first trimester and constantly hungry. Need some healthy easy to grab snack ideas please.

Thanks
Donna

Replies

• xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    Ps ignore the ticker, I'm no longer trying to lose weight just to stop gaining so quickly
  • C_Lopez
    C_Lopez Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Almonds are great protein!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Protein shakes or protein bars. It should hold you over longer than other snacks would and aren't terrible on calories.
  • ccback
    ccback Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! Celery sticks with peanut butter. The protein helps hold off the hunger for a little while.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt- pack with a plastic spoon so you can just throw it all away when your done eating.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies and hummus

Any fruit with a babybel or cheese stick

Greek yogurt

Apple with peanut butter
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is a great way to get protein. I would eat full fat cottage cheese--more satisfying and it still doesn't have a lot of fat compared with hard cheese. Vegetables are very satisfying--great for you and baby. They are full of phyto-nutrients that don't come in a vitamin pill (you are taking prenatal vitamins aren't you?). Fruits are also a great thing to eat as they have lots of nutrients too. You want to make sure you are getting LOTS of protein so including proteins in your snacks like almonds is a great idea.

It is wonderful that you are hungry all the time--but you should probably try to make really good choices. Avoiding "empty" calories is really important. I know a woman who put on 90 pounds in her pregnancy (she ate a LOT of junk food during her pregnancy--figured it was "open season" on just about everything she spied). She had complications during her delivery because she had gained so much fat--at least that is what her doc said. She also was left with a lot to lose afterward. By the time she was done breastfeeding, (she gained even more weight then) she had about 100 pounds of body fat to lose. She had always starved herself before she got pregnant and kept very trim. She says now that the constant dieting beforehand must have made her "crazy" and then she convinced herself that she could eat anything she wanted during her pregnancy. She wishes that she had made healthier choices. The good news is that she lost all that body fat with a sensible diet and lots of exercise (over about 2 years) and she had a much healthier second pregnancy with no birth complications.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Kroger carbmaster yogurt. Awesome.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    broccoli and cauliflower, either raw or cooked are great for satisfying hunger and very nutrient dense - if they don't cause you stomach upset. If you can find a truly low sugar cereal, that can also make a better "munch" (eating it dry slows consumption) than regular junk food, as most cereals are relatively low fat and fortified with nutrients you need.