Snorkling in my coffee!!!

Options
I do have a question at the bottom all all my confession...Please help me out!

I measured up my creamer once again...I was noticing the color getting lighter, and lighter and thought...OMG!!! What have I been doing? First, I leave about 200 calories per night (thank goodness for working out!) just for mistakes like this one! Second...I measured the amount of creamer I use. Brace yourself. Please don't think I'm stupid!!! I feel like Grover in the book about "Monster at the End of this Book!" I just don't want to get this measurement out on paper!!! Here goes!!!!

I've been using 5 tablespoons of creamer and only logging it in as 3!!!
:blushing: :sad: :blushing: :sad: :blushing: :sad:

I'm an idiot!

I use International Delight Creamer Amaretto which has per tablespoon: 40calories, 7 carbs, 2 fat, 0 protein. So why don't they make a fat free??? :huh: Anyone have substitute suggestions? Quit drinking coffee all together? Uggg! Anyone?

Thank goodness I have not been logging all my working out times, and saving calories each night. HELP! I guess confessing my sin is the first step to recovery???

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I do have a question at the bottom all all my confession...Please help me out!

I measured up my creamer once again...I was noticing the color getting lighter, and lighter and thought...OMG!!! What have I been doing? First, I leave about 200 calories per night (thank goodness for working out!) just for mistakes like this one! Second...I measured the amount of creamer I use. Brace yourself. Please don't think I'm stupid!!! I feel like Grover in the book about "Monster at the End of this Book!" I just don't want to get this measurement out on paper!!! Here goes!!!!

I've been using 5 tablespoons of creamer and only logging it in as 3!!!
    :blushing: :sad: :blushing: :sad: :blushing: :sad:

I'm an idiot!

I use International Delight Creamer Amaretto which has per tablespoon: 40calories, 7 carbs, 2 fat, 0 protein. So why don't they make a fat free??? :huh: Anyone have substitute suggestions? Quit drinking coffee all together? Uggg! Anyone?

Thank goodness I have not been logging all my working out times, and saving calories each night. HELP! I guess confessing my sin is the first step to recovery???
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I used to have 2-3 cups a day, I've cut it back to one a day. I'm looking to possibly eliminate it altogether. I love creamer. I am a half & half addict. If I'm going to have a cup of coffee, it darn well better be precisely the way I like it -- anything else is a complete waste of my time and tastebuds. Having said that, I dump up to 4tbs of creamer in it, which adds 120 (+-) to my calorie intake. So can you imagine the number of calories I've been consuming at up to 3 cups a day??? Insane. And certainly not good for me. Use your judgement.

Just think of how much more weight you're going to lose now that you've realized your mistake??

It's gonna be beautiful.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Ive read you can replace your creamer with protein powder in your coffee. Im not a coffee drinker though, so I cant tell you how good or bad it tastes.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I take regular half and half in my coffee, and it is, as I told the guy doing my fitness test the other day "the last vice I have left!" (well, that and red wine.)

I reduced my coffee consumption so that I wouldn't have to reduce my cream. I just figure it into my day. I'd be less concerned with the calories than with the sugar (flavored creamers are usually chock full of it). You might be able to switch to a sugar free syrup for flavoring, and then add a touch of regular cream. Just a suggest. . .:flowerforyou:
  • paul82682
    paul82682 Posts: 48
    Options
    i don't like coffee so i really don't have any alternative suggestions for ya. however, 5 tablespoons is only about 200 calories- that's not such a big deal. you drink it in the morning, right? they say to consume the majority of your daily calories at breakfast so i think that would fit. don't sweat it. or if it still bothers you, just use less. you may have to put less coffee in your mug in order to maintain the proper coffee to creamer ratio, but i think you can handle it.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    i don't like coffee so i really don't have any alternative suggestions for ya. however, 5 tablespoons is only about 200 calories- that's not such a big deal. you drink it in the morning, right? they say to consume the majority of your daily calories at breakfast so i think that would fit. don't sweat it. or if it still bothers you, just use less. you may have to put less coffee in your mug in order to maintain the proper coffee to creamer ratio, but i think you can handle it.

Paul??? Not even flight line coffee??? spit.gif
  • paul82682
    paul82682 Posts: 48
    Options
    haha ahh so you're familiar with the inner workings of this particular military outfit!:happy: but no, not so much. there are a few guys in my shop that are addicts, though. don't get me wrong, it smells great- i once got a job working at starbucks because i liked the smell so much- but i just could never get past the taste
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Well, I reduced my coffee calories to 45 a cup by using a spoonful of powdered chocolate milk mix instead of cream and sugar. It's a bit stronger tasting than a coffee that is cream laden, but it's delicious :love:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try taking your normal amount of cream and gradually replacing it with skim milk - each day, a little more milk and a little less cream. If you do it slowly enough, you'll never know the difference!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    It took some adjusting for this addict (I worked at Starbucks for 9 months....you inhale caffiene there!!) and I too love creamer. First i switched to whole milk and splenda and spices (like cinnamon, nutmeg...etc. Cinnamon tastes awesome with African blends!) Now I do non-fat and three splendas. What helped was making a better cup of coffee. When the coffee is great on it's own, you won't need to drown it in flavored creamers. Try purchasing a higher quality coffee, using filtered water, and brewing it a bit stronger. Any good Barista at Starbucks or even your local coffee shop can tell you the perfect blend for you and the best way to prepare it.

:drinker: Happy caffienating!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    girl welcome to my world!!!

I love my morning java and I love my flavored creamers....what I do...is buy the fat free french vanilla its not the best but its like 25 cals so I'll put like 3 tbsp and then two of the fat other flavor I like...like tiramisu...hmmm so its only like 160....but its still a lot I suppose....to me its worth it because I enjoy it...lol....

its all about what is important to you sweetie....hope you can come to a happy medium! lol

hugs! and mmmm coffee!!!:drinker:
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My one cup of morning coffee with creamer is the one treat a day I allow myself. I actually look forward to it so I'm not at the point yet of where I want to stop or replace it........however, my hubby is using fat free half and half and says it's wonderful!!!!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    international delight does make fat free, i've seen french vanilla and irish cream which are fat free and they have 30 cal per tbsp instead of 40 cal.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Since I started my "lifestyle change"-I drink my coffee black. My daughter, however, still uses the creamer that I used to. Nestle' Coffeemate Fat Free creamer has 25 calories per tbsp and zero fat and sodium. There are more than a few flavors but we like the hazelnut...
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use almond breeze in my coffee and as my dairy substitute. It only has 40 calories per cup and it tastes like vanilla.
  • maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    I don't know the content on this, but how about a flavored soy milk? I don't drink soy milk (yet), but have tried several of the flavors and the are great!
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee with creamer, French Vanilla, yummy... but sometimes I make Pecan flavored coffee on the strong side instead and can drink it black. You might try a flavored coffee that sounds good :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm no help-- my huge morning commute coffee mug contains EIGHT TABLESPOONS of International Delight Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer. 1 tbsp = 20 calories in the sugar free, so I'm carrying 160 calories each morning inside my coffee (not including the small cals for the coffee itself).

If my husband would drink NORMAL coffee (i.e. the correct ratio of coffee grounds to water instead of his super brew of 3 to 1 in favor of coffee), I'm sure I could cut back on the creamer. The weaker the coffee, the less creamer I need. Dunno if that helps you, not sure if watered down coffee is the answer.

I just chalk it up to my one big calorie indulgence daily. I can't live without my morning coffee, so I deal. :wink:

If anyone has a better way, let me know too! (I'm thinking the slow swap for skim milk might work.)
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    You should use almond milk, it is really creamy and delicious like creamer,

and 16 TABLESPOONS (1 CUP) IS ONLY 30 CALORIES!!!