Alli weight loss plan/pill

Options
I bought a book from a yard sale today about the Alli weight loss plan. I seen it was the book they normally give you when you buy their starter kits from the store. I've never tried alit though I've been very curious about it, mostly cause I felt it was to expensive and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on diet pills if they didn't work. I've tried those "mega T green tea" pills before and even with diet and exercise I didn't loose more than the amount I did even before I started taking the pills.

So basically has anybody on this site used Ali? If you have do you feel its worth it to try or should i just save my money?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Alli removes about 30% of fat from digestion. It doesn't discriminate between good a bad fats. You NEED good fats for essential health. So in essence you would have to supplement with good fats in between doses.
    Now does it make sense to take a pill that removes fat to having to consume fat again for essential health?
    Or does it make more sense to eat correctly?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It also has the side effect of "anal leakage"
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Save your money...unless you like frequent bathroom trips and having to wear a panty liner to protect your underwear. Been there.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I've heard that too :/ Not worth it in my opinion.
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options

oh yea, I remember having read that now. That was another reason why I didn't buy it. Thanks for reminding me.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    You bought the book at a yard sale. This alone should have clued you into the fact that Alli doesn't work. "One person's trash is another person's treasure" does not apply here...
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    waste of money theres no magic pill
    diet and exercise is the only way to lose and keep it off
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    You bought the book at a yard sale. This alone should have clued you into the fact that Alli doesn't work. "One person's trash is another person's treasure" does not apply here...
  • melindasuefritz
    Options

which is pooping your pants....................
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    complete kaka
  • Lepouxo
    Lepouxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise will suffice:laugh:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Eating less and moving more works really, really well. And you don't *kitten* your pants.
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A lady I used to work with tried alli - on the plus, she did lose 80 pounds... I'm not sure the details of what else she did, eating, exercise this or that. However, she did have to wear adult pull-ups because she constantly leaked poo... She kept up with it though - so I guess that wasn't much of a deterrent for her. I don't know about you, but that's a huge turn off for me.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oily anal leakage, even with a low fat diet plan......not pleasant!! Stick with a calorie deficit! :wink:
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If you are in a really fragile place and need the motivational help that it might give to start you off, or if you are a secret eater and the side effects could help you break that (and they will), then yes.

If nether of the above are true, then no, save your money and invest it in better food and exercise.

I was forced (well as good as) onto the prescription strength ones for a while (twice the dose) about 5 years ago, and it has to be said when you get the bad side effects for eating fish, rice and streamed veg because the pills can't tell the fat is actually fish oil and needed, it just is not worth putting yourself through that. In the end you will recent any weight loss and just end up putting it back on - oh and buying a lot of new underwear. :(